Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

How to reveive a text message while setting up the phone

(Topic created on: 2 weeks ago)
zaphod42
First Poster
Options

Hello,

I am trying to set up my new phone. At some point during the set up procedure, the device asks me for my phone number to send me a text message. Then it wants me to enter the code I have received via text. But how can I read the text message since I am stuck in the app doing the set up?

This doesn't look like a great design. Due to past experience, I had misgivings about Samsung. I am about to return it to buy an iPhone.

Thanks for your help.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
TechZilla
Troubleshooter
Options
If you click on the input box where you need to enter the code before the text arrives it should automatically fill the code in for you or at least show it as an option above your keyboard. The other option is pull the notification bar down from the top of the screen and you should see the text there with the code. Make a note of it and swipe the notification bar closed again and input the code.

View solution in context

2 REPLIES 2
Solution
TechZilla
Troubleshooter
Options
If you click on the input box where you need to enter the code before the text arrives it should automatically fill the code in for you or at least show it as an option above your keyboard. The other option is pull the notification bar down from the top of the screen and you should see the text there with the code. Make a note of it and swipe the notification bar closed again and input the code.
zaphod42
First Poster
Options

Thank you for your quick reply.

I think I tried that. I had assumed that, since it was not possible to exit the app, there must have been such a system to process the text message. But I will try again.

However, it occurred to me later that this was not necessary to use the phone but only to set up a Samsung account and this is perhaps not useful.

Thank you for your help.

0 Likes