Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to create ice contacts on locked screen

(Topic created on: 09-11-2020 11:53 AM)
mikeyfish
First Poster
Options
I've found how to contacts as emergency, but can't get them displayed on opening locked screen. No one else can unlock my phone to call for help, such as an ambulance. 
0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
dazjp71
Pioneer
Options
Okay, open contacts, tap the three lines to the left, select groups and then emergency contacts, add your ICE numbers and save,
Next as long as you have the phone shortcut on your lockscreen anyone can get your emergency contacts by swiping the phone icon to the center of the screen and selecting emergency call
0 Likes
dazjp71
Pioneer
Options
I went through the whole process for other members
0 Likes
dazjp71
Pioneer
Options
lock screen shortcuts are in settings, lock screen, and then shortcuts
0 Likes
mikeyfish
First Poster
Options
thanks dazjp71. I'll give it a go.
0 Likes
Aoshea
Journeyman
Options
on the lock screen, swipe up, select 'emergency call' and medical info and ICE contacts are there as well as the ability to call emergency services
0 Likes
rudeword
Student
Options

My wife and I both have Galaxy A8s. We have entered 3 contacts in the ICE group in Contacts.  When we power up we have the enter PIN screen. We can find no way to display the ICE or Medical information we have entered in our profiles from there. Swipe in any direction does nothing. Clicking on Emergency Call just brings up the dial screen. What else do we have to do?

0 Likes
rudeword
Student
Options

Have answered my own question. There is no way to get full medical and ice contacts on the power up screen, only the unlock on a powered up screen. You can add a simple message with e.g.  ICE phone and blood group on the power up unlock screen.  That does help as does the full info on a powered-up unlock screen.

Keep Safe, Rod

0 Likes