Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

How to Copy complete A40 to a NEW A40

(Topic created on: 29-03-2022 04:23 AM)
jbafalcon
Explorer
Options

HI.

I have an A40 which has a worn C socket and when connected to my PC sometimes cuts out. My wife, has ordered me a new A40 without me knowing. I would really like to transfer all the setups, apps, contacts messages etc to the new phone, I would hope there must be a way to do that, maybe using Smart Switch or maybe NFC ? Then test it to make sure all is okay before retiring my current A40

My other concern is having two phones he same would that cause any sync issues? I very much not tech savvy so please bear that in mind.

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
Smart Switch can connect the two phones via WiFi
0 Likes
Solution
cherrymi
Journeyman
Options

Yes, usually we can use Smart Switch, NFC, etc. to help us transfer data from Samsung to Samsung phone. But I am not sure setups can be transferred. Usually, we can also use Bluetooth to transfer data between them as below:

Step 1: Turn on Bluetooth on both Samsung phones.
Go to "Settings" or the Control Panel to find "Bluetooth" option. Turn it on.

Step 2: Pair the devices.
Your one Samsung phone will scan and display the available devices. Choose another phone of yours in the list to pair them. On both phones a short passkey will then appear. Just tap the "OK" button to confirm Bluetooth transfer on both Samsung phones.

Step 3: Choose data and transfer it between Samsung.
On your old Samsung phone open your "File Manager" or "My Files" app and select the files you want to transfer from Samsung to Samsung. Then click "Share" button and choose "Bluetooth". In the next pop-up window, choose your paired new Samsung phone as the receiving device. On your new Samsung, you will see a notification asking you to confirm the transfer. Tap the "Accept" button and your data will be transferred from your old Samsung to the new one.

Hope this will be your help. 

0 Likes
jbafalcon
Explorer
Options

Thank you for your help, it is much appreciated. The new A40 should arrive later this week so will then be able to try and transfer the files and data.

One other point, on a Google search I noted three conflicting statements: 1 that said the phone sim card must be in the receiving phone as if not the phone may delete anything copied prior to the sim being inserted. Another said to leave the sim in the sending phone and another that it did not matter!!!

Err, which is correct ? 🤔

0 Likes
jbafalcon
Explorer
Options

I thought I would copy the A40's folders to my PC in case I needed to paste them into the new A40. I opened the folder page of the A40 used Ctrl A and Ctrl C to copy then used Ctrl V to paste them into a new 'folder' as below.

However this resulted in the following popup:

copy phone files error msg.jpg

Any suggestions as to what may have caused this? It would seem copying to a PC is a common option.

0 Likes