Did you mean: 

how do i screenshot on android 11? samsung a40

(Topic created on: 08-04-2021 01:29 AM)
jack6503
Pioneer
Options

samsung a40

updated till android 11

power + volume down doesnt take screenshot anymore.

how do i get this function back?

screen swipe gesture is too difficult for me.

edit: solution. just press power + volume down. dont hold it.

8 REPLIES 8
strawberry cake
Hotshot
Options

right, press and hold 

restart the phone too

😉

(\_/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") strawberry cake so delicious

HammyG
Journeyman
Options
I'm unsure how to get the screenshot function via buttons back but you can add the option through 'Tasks' side panel until you get it resolved. You can also tell Bixby/Google to take a screenshot but that takes longer than using the side panel 🙂

Screenshot_20210408-120141_Samsung Members_24571.jpg

harris_barris
Pioneer
Options
Rather than holding in the volume down and power key at the same time. Just press them once (at the same time). Took me a while to figure it out, but that is what seems to work for me.
so funny lol vkkkkkk
First Poster
Options
Please
0 Likes
oldfogey
Journeyman
Options

When I pressed the volume down and power button at the same time, it asked me to allow or disallow Samsung to access photos etc? Then it said it had copied the screenshot to the clipboard! But how do I view it?

0 Likes
harris_barris
Pioneer
Options
I've not had that phone for over 2yrs now. But it should either be in your gallery or if you scroll from the home screen, a search bar should appear at the top. Type clipboard into it. Hope that helps.
AndrewL
Options

@oldfogey: Now you have enabled the necessary permissions, next time you capture a screenshot a preview should appear at the bottom of the screen, which you can tap on to view the screenshot. Alternatively, head to the Gallery app > Albums tab > Screenshots. 

harris_barris
Pioneer
Options
Just to add to this, when the preview appears, it disappears very quickly. So tap on it as soon as it appears. Will be a wee round "button" That appears on the bottom left of your screen. Tap it quickly. If you miss it, do as the post above says. Good luck ya old foggy 😆