Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General A10 issues!

(Topic created on: 01-10-2020 11:59 AM)
Katherine2202
Apprentice
Options

I have recently "upgraded" from the A5 to the A10 because I wanted a better camera and my A5 was getting a bit slow. Sadly I'm really disappointed with my new phone and keep discovering things that I am unable to do with it, including:

No fingerprint login option.

Samsung pay not compatible. 

Unable to take scroll capture screenshots. 

Generally slower when opening new apps.

I'm sure I will discover more as I go on using it. Does anyone else agree? Where can I email to leave some feedback? Sadly I'm passed the point where I can change my mind and return it but I really wish I hadn't bothered!

7 REPLIES 7
GingerSteve
Helping Hand
Options
Unfortunately you're like me and many others, I don't own the A10 but another A series, it seems a newer phone doesn't always mean improved phone.
0 Likes
GingerSteve
Helping Hand
Options
Did your A5 get monthly updates?
0 Likes
Katherine2202
Apprentice
Options
Yes it did, haven't had any updates on A10 yet
0 Likes
GingerSteve
Helping Hand
Options
I'm kind of annoyed I even came back to Samsung
0 Likes
Qwerty7
Helping Hand
Options

This is down to Samsung changing the naming scheme of the new a series. The successor to the a5 would be the a50, which is why all these features are missing because the A10 replaces the older J3. I do agree that they should make it clearer that the A10 is not better than the A5, but a upgrade to the J3/4 instead.

0 Likes
Katherine2202
Apprentice
Options

Ah you must be more informed than the woman in carphone warehouse, she told me it was the newer model from the A5!! How annoying!

0 Likes
MissQ
First Poster
Options

After about 5 years with an HTC which was small and slow but with which at least had most of the features I needed, I decided to return to Samsung led by my distant memory of a wonderful Galaxy S6 I had had years before and which had got stolen. It was a great phone, with a fantastic camera, and could do all of the things I needed it to do. Thinking the A10 would be like my S6 but better, I got that only to find that apart from a great camera, it doesn't have the features of the S6 which I loved and most of the ones it does have don't really suit me. Disappointed.

0 Likes