Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy A54 Mic Not Working on First Few Tries

(Topic created on: 15-01-2024 02:13 PM)
Faezeh
Apprentice
Options

I have a Galaxy A54, and about a month ago the microphone stopped working the first few times I try to use it, no matter the app that's using it. I've tried it with Telegram, Whatsapp, the voice recorder, and even Duolingo - none of them work the first or second time I try to use the microphone

I haven't had any problems while recording a video or making a call, and I've used the Diagnostics option from the Members app to check that both mics are functional. When it finally starts picking up noises, the quality is good. However, there have also been a few times when the mic HAS picked up the audio on the first try, but it has recorded it with the in-call quality. I usually have to do it twice at least to get it to work.

Does this have anything to do with recent updates? Has anyone had this problem?

I would REALLY appreciate any solutions. 

25 REPLIES 25
W3K
First Poster
Options

I'm encountering microphone issues with WhatsApp – sometimes it works, but other times it records silence, this issues seem start since the latest system update. 

Geordinary
First Poster
Options

Same issue. Sometimes the microphone works but mostly it doesn't. It won't hear anything for at least 10 seconds and sometimes a frustratingly longer time.
Also doesn't work with Shazam. 
I regret buying this phone so much.

0 Likes
Members_r5yuQ3S
First Poster
Options

I have been facing the game issue recently as well. Only after 3-4 tries the microphone starts working. Even over calls it takes a while. Restart didn't fix.  

0 Likes
aleksanderm
First Poster
Options

Let me tell you that I have the same problem and it's frustrating. I bought this phone thinking I wouldn't have any trouble using it but I was wrong. I don't know why this happens but yes, I think it probably is an update issue. Because I didn't have that problem at first when I got the phone.

MelRH
First Poster
Options

I also have that issue. I've tried some options posted on the community, nonetheless it still happens. I try to send an audio and it's blank 

ICarrotU
First Poster
Options

Try disabling the Bixby Voice Wake-Up. I just turned off everything related to Bixby and this fixed the issue for me.

Candy K
Apprentice
Options

Are you sure it fixed it? Cause sometimes i get Fooled when they said to reset my app setting but then the issue was back. 

0 Likes
Candy K
Apprentice
Options

I have been facing the same issue and it's actually frustrating! 

I mean i was a big fan of Samsung devices and i was dreaming of this phone but that mic issue is getting me crazy!

The Samsung help center said that they working on the issue to be fixed in next update , i updated the phone and NOTHING FIXED. 

0 Likes
aether_frost
Apprentice
Options

u know this actually worked for some extent..like before i couldnt even sent audio msges..now i can..thanks

0 Likes
SalehSR
First Poster
Options

Have you turned on your Bixby? I think it is because of Bixby. I turned it off from settings and I think it fixed my problem. my mic sometimes didn't work with all the apps (whatsapp, telegram, even voice recorder apps). it just recorded empty and i had to try for several times to make the app hear my voice. I think this will fix the issue unless it happens again and prove me wrong.

0 Likes