Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy A53 wifi slow

(Topic created on: 19-11-2022 09:37 AM)
clockley
Student
Options
I have an issue with my A53 getting very slow wifi connection. I have 1gb broadband with but only get speeds around 28mbs coming through on speed test. My old Galaxy A50 still gets around 400mbs. This is so frustrating as basic website take a long time to fully load. And I may aswell forget youtube or other video sites as fhd videos don't even load.
Does anyone else have issues with this or have a fix idea that I can try ? I have already tried all the usual troubleshoots that samsung advise.
Thanx
17 REPLIES 17
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

What are the " usual troubleshoots " you've tried @clockley 

i.e 

Splitting the frequencies in your Home Broadband Router.

Clearing cache. 

What's the speeds like with other sources of Wi-Fi although I do find public Wi-Fi to be typically slow and not secure.

Perhaps try a family or friends Home Hub. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

clockley
Student
Options
Yes I have tries all of the above. Also Including factory reset of the a53 so I know that there isn't anything on the handset slowing it down.I have tried 2 other home routers and get the same speed with my handset. All other wifi devices have much better speeds from the router. I am currently using an old galaxy s10 which is testing at 714 mbs. Sitting in the sam possition of the home right now, tha 53 is testing at 27mbs. I feel like there is a speed limiter or something on the a53
0 Likes
Members_uyIBfZM
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue with my A53. Other wireless devices all get around 400-800 mbps (1000 mbps wired internet) and the A53 gets around 20 to 50 mbps max.

Using a brand new TP-Link Deco XE75 set.

Did you find a solution for it yet?

Members_1sPLDMJ
First Poster
Options

Have you resolved this issue yet, we have exactly the same on my wife's phone, it's painful. 

0 Likes
bluefox
First Poster
Options
Same here. A53 issues with WiFi connection and speed. Also issues with Bluetooth.
0 Likes
PerM1
Apprentice
Options

Got the same issue 😕 

0 Likes
J-Milly
First Poster
Options
No solutions for this yet? Having the same problem thinking of returning this junk phone. Had no issues with my A52 or any other devices in my home
0 Likes
MNas04
Helping Hand
Options
I have no issues with mine either. I'm with Virgin Media. Happy to say my phone doesn't slow down with WiFi. Have you tried rebooting your phone. If not try rebooting your wifi
0 Likes
Tommy7619
First Poster
Options

No solution from SAMSUNG? At all?

Same problem here, Samsung A53 5G

0 Likes