Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy A53 - Bluetooth connection issues after Android 13 update

(Topic created on: 09-12-2022 08:27 AM)
Gav_hay
Pioneer
Options

Before the Android 13 update I had had no problems connecting my A53 to Bluetooth devices. However, ever since the update, connecting the phone to my car or to my Samsung ear buds has become very hit and miss. If it won't connect, I have to restart the phone.  I've tried all the troubleshooting suggestions I can find but nothing has worked so far. Has anyone else experienced this issues and does anyone have a solution?

76 REPLIES 76
azzer2000
Explorer
Options
I can confirm this has been fixed with the most recent update and now works every time. Do the about phone, software update to force the latest update instead of waiting for it.
Gav_hay
Pioneer
Options
That's certainly my experience after downloading the December security patch.
js0205
Journeyman
Options

As of today, my A53 5G STILL does not connect to Ford Sync version 1. Aggravating. 

Gav_hay
Pioneer
Options
Aggravating as you say. Ever since I downloaded and installed the December security patch, I've not had a problem connecting my A53 5G to my car (a Renault).
0 Likes
RDSA
Student
Options

I have now installed the update of 28 december and this fixed the issue for me.

Details of this update:
Galaxy A53 5G (SM-A536B)
Build Number : A536BXXU4BVL2
Android version : T(Android 13)
Release Date : 2022-12-28
Security patch level : 2022-12-01

0 Likes
Stephon C
First Poster
Options

I'm having the same issue. In addition to the suggestions of clearing cache and data, forgetting devices, resetting connections, etc. I've also reset the devices I'm trying to connect to. No success at all..

js0205
Journeyman
Options

Likewise. Now I can connect to printers, earbuds and the like, but not Ford Sync. Correction, SOMETIMES I can connect to other Bluetooth devices,  still occasionally not. Frustrating.  [EDIT] Rented a Toyota Corolla for work this week--phone still wouldn't connect to the car.

YorkiePud
Journeyman
Options
Not fixed it for me ...
YorkiePud
Journeyman
Options
Not made any difference for me
Gav_hay
Pioneer
Options
That's a pain. I still keep expecting my phone not to connect to my car or my ear buds but it has been faultless since the December security patch. Odd how it seems to have fixed some people's phones but not everyone's. Maybe the January security patch will sort it out for you.
0 Likes