Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy A53 - Bluetooth connection issues after Android 13 update

(Topic created on: 09-12-2022 08:27 AM)
Gav_hay
Pioneer
Options

Before the Android 13 update I had had no problems connecting my A53 to Bluetooth devices. However, ever since the update, connecting the phone to my car or to my Samsung ear buds has become very hit and miss. If it won't connect, I have to restart the phone.  I've tried all the troubleshooting suggestions I can find but nothing has worked so far. Has anyone else experienced this issues and does anyone have a solution?

76 REPLIES 76
YorkiePud
Journeyman
Options
@Gav_hay let's hope so ... if hot spot on blue tooth drops every 60 sec or so, then re connects ... worked fine on v12 ... Hay ho
lastfleres
First Poster
Options

I am also having the same problem,with 2, A53 phones. Will not connect to my 2013 Ford Focus or 2017 Nissan Rogue. Have placed them in for Samsung service but sure it will not help until an update with a fix becomes available. 

G-Quail
First Poster
Options

This all seems very familiar to me.  I had the connection issue one time before the update , having had the phone for 2 months. Now it seems to be every 2nd day.  A reboot fixes it every time. If I try and force a connection from either my car or the phone it just sits there trying for a very long time, never connects.

Update: I tried the workaround of turning Airplane mode on and off.  This worked for me, but this is not an ideal solution.  Other suggestions in this thread did not work.

0 Likes
Issues bluetooth
First Poster
Options

I also have problems with bluetooth and like Gav_Hay I have done and tried everything to no avail.

What the heck is going on. I just got my phone a couple of months ago and now I have to service it because of the update. Wow. 

I know that Samsung is aware of the problem, so why don't they make another update or show us how to uninstall the 13th update. 

I work on the road alot and I need my phone to work in my car. So what can we do besides sendig it to Samsung. I need a phone and I have no other.

Lizcatz
First Poster
Options
Just something that I have found, with my car Bluetooth and A53, strange but true. If I keep my car keys and phone well apart, no problem. Ie:phone in the back and keys in the front. Also, if using Waze Bluetooth seems to work wherever the keys are. I appreciate its not technical, but I have tried EVERYTHING!
0 Likes
gerrydee
Apprentice
Options

As of Feb 2nd I can confirm this has been fixed with the most recent update and now works every time.

0 Likes
gerrydee
Apprentice
Options

The Feb 2nd 2022 software update fixed the problem with disconnecting and not able to keep the signal in memory with Ford Sync. I can confirm this has been fixed with this most recent update and now works every time. Be sure to delete the phone from Sync and re-install. Then you should be good to go.

0 Likes
js0205
Journeyman
Options

Unfortunately, mine still does not connect to Ford Sync and I still sometimes need to restart to connect to Bluetooth speakers.

0 Likes
Alain QC
Journeyman
Options

I have also a problem since update to android 13 last january. My A12 and my wife's A53 can't communicate to headphones, tablet or PC. They are working in the car (Toyota) but that's it. Samsung tech made me do all kinds of work but nothing works. So I use them as a normal phone with a wired headphone now. I also use a cable to transfer documents. Very disapointed !!!

js0205
Journeyman
Options

I wonder when Samsung will acknowledge the problem and get this fixed. I've always been a proponent of the brand but my recent experience has me looking at other options for when it's upgrade time.