Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy A53 - Bluetooth connection issues after Android 13 update

(Topic created on: 22-12-2022 11:18 AM)
Gav_hay
Pioneer
Options

Before the Android 13 update I had had no problems connecting my A53 to Bluetooth devices. However, ever since the update, connecting the phone to my car or to my Samsung ear buds has become very hit and miss. If it won't connect, I have to restart the phone.  I've tried all the troubleshooting suggestions I can find but nothing has worked so far. Has anyone else experienced this issues and does anyone have a solution?

76 REPLIES 76
Klejmic
First Poster
Options

Helo, i have the same issue after update to A13, but a had also installed newest december package and issue is still present.

I found one trick. Just turn on and off the plane mode, it has the same effect as the phone restart, but it is  much faster.

We need to wait for another bugfix package 😕 

Gav_hay
Pioneer
Options

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll try the Flight mode fix next time it happens.

0 Likes
dgg76
First Poster
Options

Hi All, I use my Galaxy A53 to monitor a glucose sensor using bluetooth and this issue has been a nightmare. I found a temporal solution (the phone was working OK before the Android 13 upgrade): as airplane mode ON/OFF resolves the issue I installed MacroDroid App and create a macro which every 15 minutes activates airplane mode and then deactivate. In that way I can keep the bluetooth connections. 

Pjob
First Poster
Options

Having the same issue. Started with Car SYNC, the earbuds now Galaxy Watch4. Have to delete and reboot devices before it will resync, and that's if it finds it, can take multiple attempts. Tried to delete BT cache, but option is greyed out. Very frustrating.

Gav_hay
Pioneer
Options

I have tried switching Flight mode on and off over the last few couple of days when my phone wouldn’t connect to my earbuds and it allowed the phone to connect. It's far from ideal, we need a permanent fix but this workaround worked for me so thanks for suggesting it.

Tezyk2022
First Poster
Options

I had the exact same issue. I reset my network settings and I was able to connect to everything again but again 2 weeks later same issue and I reset the network settings again. I hope they fix this issue. 

3250RS
First Poster
Options

I bought my A53 a week ago, paired it with my car successfully,  after that my phone never connected properly. I unpaired them and they cannot be paired again because the phone does not detect the car's bluetooth. Very, very disappointing. Samsung, fix this!

TAJS-C
First Poster
Options
SAMSUNG! When are you going to fix this!?

UPDATE 16th Jan: The update a few days ago seems to have sorted it! Thank you!
RDSA
Student
Options

Hello, same issue here trying to pair to an older Ford Audio bluetooth after Android 13 upgrade. Now having reverted bluetooth on my A53 to PBAP 1.1 and also using the airplane mode toggle, this seems to work for a while.

However, a fix for this problem is needed ASAP !

Villovag
Student
Options

I also have the issue.

Was using the A53 for months before the update with no issues and the same day verion13 lands issue started appearing.

Phone is unable to detect ANY bluetooth devices (I tried 5 different ones).

Trying to manually reconnect or turning bluetooth off and on again doesn't work but resetting network settings somehow kickstarted it (will try Airplane mode next time) but the problem reappears somewhat frequently.

Feels like the phone forgets to wake bluetooth from sleep, never had problems while a device was in use. Issue only happens when I try to reconnect and (so far) only after I have left device unused for a while.