Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy A53 - Bluetooth connection issues after Android 13 update

(Topic created on: 11-12-2022 08:51 AM)
Gav_hay
Pioneer
Options

Before the Android 13 update I had had no problems connecting my A53 to Bluetooth devices. However, ever since the update, connecting the phone to my car or to my Samsung ear buds has become very hit and miss. If it won't connect, I have to restart the phone.  I've tried all the troubleshooting suggestions I can find but nothing has worked so far. Has anyone else experienced this issues and does anyone have a solution?

76 REPLIES 76
Gav_hay
Pioneer
Options
As you say, I'm hoping the December patch fixes it. Time will tell.
0 Likes
Badger42
Helping Hand
Options
I hope you get it sorted soon. One thing I used to do occasionally on my old Nokia when it had connection issues was to turn airplane mode off and on to reset the connection.
0 Likes
Conw-92
Apprentice
Options
Hi, I am getting the same issues.
It connected to my car no problem, It went funny so I unpaired from the car and reconnected but it would not pair again.
I am now trying to connect my phone to my portable Mifa_f6 speaker and it plays for 10 seconds then judders and crashes the speaker !
My partner connects to the speaker without any problem.
This phone isn't workings aswell as I would like it to.
azzer2000
Explorer
Options
I have the exact same issue. Looks like Samsung will be having a lot of returns if they don't sort this super fast. I have accepted I have no bluetooth and I'm tempted to throw the phone in a draw and use my old S10 which is far superior in every way apart from battery life which is the only reason I swapped to the sluggish a53 5g anyway.
cava2
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem. Use to seemlessly switch from my vehicle to earbuds and back before update. Now i have to turn blutooth off then on to sync to vehicle. Especially when I step away. I read the string and tried it all plus some. Shutdown most of samsung apps and cleared cache. Except i was not able to clear blutooth app. Getting very annoyed with this. Always something messing up with samsung these days.

alvin_lee
First Poster
Options

I am also having this same issue. I tried rebooting my phone and my car's bluetooth system. but it still could not be solved.

harleybear
First Poster
Options
Exact same issue, having to restart every time. Also issues with call dropping, no double tap response, locking itself before it's sleep time, generally "crapping out".
MobileM
First Poster
Options

Same here, we have tested it with two devices om multiple BT dev. No problem with the A53 when on Android 12 straight out of the box, after latest updates lots of BT devices are not found. We tested with and without Knox KME, Intune, hard resets. etc. No difference. This is an Android/Samsung bug in de latest update. We are usings the phones for our work en need this fixed ASAP.

ulrichw
Apprentice
Options

Same troubles with the Samsung A53 5G since update to Android 13.  Other mobile phones work flawlessly with my car's bluetooth connection (car is FORD Focus MK3 using "Sync2").  I have to restart the phone every day 1-2 times - then it works for a while. I also tried some settings from the developer options i.e. Bluetooth PBAP -Version 1.1 instead of 1.2 --> but does not help. 

*NEED TO BE FIXED BY SAMSUNG ASAP!*  

Problem is also known in german-speaking forum: https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-a-serie/keine-verbindung-mit-pkw-nach-update-android-13/t...

Clrwheel
Student
Options
I have the same issue with my A53 connection to my car. Nothing has helped.