Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy A52s 5G can't do superfast charging after software update

(Topic created on: 17-12-2021 04:06 AM)
puruhito
Journeyman
Options

Hi, I'm from Indonesia. On December 14 I updated my A52s 5G software. Since the update, there's one thing I just realized the day after: now when I charge the phone it can no longer "superfast charging" but can only "fast charging". Has anyone experienced the same thing?

17 REPLIES 17
odey34
Explorer
Options
I haven't experienced that but when I plug my charger in the words (charging and how long it will take to charge) is all blurry for a moment.
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I believe non Samsung chargers no longer fast charge after the update. What charger are you using?
GalaxyA51user
Voyager
Options
Make sure fast charging is on, Device Care > Advanced Battery settings.
Geothan09
Student
Options

I have the exact same problem since the last software update on my A52s. Same 25watt samsung charger but it only fast charges now. 

puruhito
Journeyman
Options

I use Acmic 25 watt charger. Anyway, I noticed that even though it only shows "fast charging", the charging speed is still very fast. So I came to the conclusion that this is just a "visual bug", meaning that even though it shows fast charging, it's actually still super fast charging.

puruhito
Journeyman
Options

I noticed that even though it only shows "fast charging", the charging speed is still very fast. So I came to the conclusion that this is just a "visual bug", meaning that even though it appears fast charging, it's actually still super fast charging.

GalaxyA51user
Voyager
Options

Since it's happening with all A52s devices on this thread, it must be a visual bug like you said. A52 series are on monthly updates, so the problem will be fixed by January 2022 with next security patch.

Dagraenion
First Poster
Options

Are the chargers you guys are using are the chargers given when you bought the A52s 5G phone? If it is, what port "heads" are they? Are they USB type or the new type-C form?

0 Likes
Geothan09
Student
Options

The charger in the box was 15 watt charger. So i bought a 25 watt samsung charger. Now after the latest update (January) it works fine again and says super fast charging like it used to.