Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy A52 Charging Problems

(Topic created on: 13-07-2022 06:37 AM)
f8snow
First Poster
Options

I have a problem with my Galaxy A52. There seems to be a problem with the fast charging feature and batter protection because everytime I enable battery protection fast charging does not want to work.  Since I updated to Android 12 I have always turned on Battery Protection and Fast Charging has always worked for me. It's just that recently this problem has occured. 

Charging port is clean. I even went to a Samsung service center and they said that the battery protection was preventing my phone from fast charging. Now, I'm wondering if I am the only one experiencing this issue.

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

To be honest I'm not sure as I do not use the battery protection feature which limits how far the battery can be charged as I'm confident as Samsung allows the phone to be charged to 100% , then it's Safe and not deteremtal to do so.

I appreciate some believe restricting the battery charging level can add to the longevity of the battery. 👍

I also only use fast charging as a last resort if I need a quick boost.

I'm not convinced that turning on the battery feature would affect fast charging to be honest. I can't see why one would affect the other.

So if you turn Off the battery feature does fast charging work everytime  ? 🤔 

I'm at work at the moment so I can't test on my phone and to add I'm not using the same model of phone,  and I maybe on a different software version and in a different region.

Can you state the phone's full model number and what version of software your phone is currently on please ?

Hopefully another member with your phone and software version can field test this for you.

I wish you all the best.  :smiling-face: 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes