Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy A50 keyboard stops working once I take a screenshot

(Topic created on: 19-03-2021 12:17 AM)
Remyy
Student
Options

I downloaded the March 2021 update on my Samsung Galaxy A50 2019 a week ago and since then, as soon as I take a screenshot, the Samsung keyboard stops working in most apps and crashes the app each time I try to use the keyboard. The keyboard still works with the SMS app but if I try apps such as Samsung Internet, Instagram or Tik Tok, they immediately crash as soon as the keyboard opens (and in the case of Tik Tok, crashes even as soon as I go look at my own account).

If I want to be able to use the keyboard correctly, I must restart my phone each time I take a screenshot.

Can anyone help me fix this? I started having the problem AS SOON as I downloaded the update.

Thank you very much for your help (and I apologize if my description or post are inadequate, this is my first post and I'm not super aware of the customs here).

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
Adrian_Kilgour
Pioneer
Options
Check the galaxy store for an update to the keyboard. You could also try clearing the cache, I belive it's in the app settings.
0 Likes
Remyy
Student
Options

I tried both of these things but the problem still occurs. my Samsung keyboard is already at the latest version. do you have any other ideas of what I could try?

0 Likes
Adrian_Kilgour
Pioneer
Options
You could replace the keyboard with a different app. On the playstore look for either Microsoft SwiftKey Keyboard or Google Keyboard. They're both quite good.
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Remyy: Is this issue only occurring when the Samsung Keyboard is on screen when a screenshot is captured? If so, can you try minimising/closing the keyboard to see if the issue persists? 

0 Likes
Dnscns
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem. I tryed installing Gboard and using it instead of Samsung keyboard bit it didn't work. I don't know what else to do. It's annoying.

0 Likes