Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy A50 - Data issues after Android 10 Update (Sprint)

(Topic created on: 02-06-2020 08:35 PM)
bigcwood79
Journeyman
Options

I have looked through posts but was unable to find a relevant entry. Apologies if this has previously been reported.

I am in United States on the Sprint network and my Galaxy A50 received the Android 10 and One UI 2.0 update three weeks ago. Ever since the update, my device has experienced issues with data connectivity (3G&4G). Phone calls worked fine.

At work, I go in and out of old brick buildings in an area that does not have more than about 3-4 bars of service outside, and occasionally my service would drop completely or switch from 4G to 3G. Once this happened, the phone may show a connection to a 4G or 3G network, but data connectivity was down (webpages would not load, feeds would not refresh, emails would not load, etc.). The only way to restore any mobile network connection was by completely rebooting the device. I went back and forth with Sprint customer care and Samsung technical support and nothing would resolve the issue. I ended up getting a new Galaxy A50 from my local Sprint store and my phone worked for a couple of days until the Android 10 update was installed. At this point I was convinced that the update is what was causing my issues. Thankfully, Sprint ordered me a new A50 with Android 9 and I was able to disable system updates per this post by Je655: https://eu.community.samsung.com/bgros26334/board/message?board.id=uk-galaxy&message.id=20754#M20754 My phone has now been working perfectly for the last five days. Hopefully this is helpful information for someone else as this has been a frustrating few weeks.

Has anyone else experienced any similar issues with the Galaxy A50 after the update to Android 10?

6 REPLIES 6
C0sm1ck
Student
Options

Thanks for outlining your experience and the resolution you attained. I've experienced exactly the same situation. As long as it's not a hardware issue, I'm going to wait it out to see if another update will fix the problem. For me it's an inconvenience but I can deal with it short term. I'm glad I chose payments instead of buying outright, it's another measure of warranty for  situations as this. 

bigcwood79
Journeyman
Options

Happy to hear this was useful for someone. Best of luck to you. Please update this post if a new update resolves the issue as I have it all disabled. Appreciate it. Cheers!

C0sm1ck
Student
Options
I'll definitely do that. I'm relieved it's not the hardware, I've seen that some A50s have had defective radios. It's a good phone, hopefully the coding support needed to keep working out the system bugs is there. There are so many different A series builds that aren't closely related, so we'll see. Thanks again for the OP, it did help.
Je655
Helping Hand
Options

UNTESTED

You might be able to downgrade from android 10 to 9 using odin (Samsung firmware flashing tool) and an OFFICIAL firmware for YOUR device. I was able to use this software on my old S7 with no issues but haven't needed it since.

forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-a50/help/downgrading-android-10-to-relase-t4087717

0 Likes
RJMcFly
First Poster
Options

Same problem  for me, my wife and coworker. We work for our local school system and constantly need to reset our phones as we enter and exit buildings. Been happening for four or five months now, which has gotten a bit frustrating.

I have been unable to find a response from samsung and my attempts with tech support have been fruitless. It would be great if an update could fix the issue as trying to uninstall an update sounds risky for my data.

bigcwood79
Journeyman
Options

Agreed. Wish they would release an update that fixes this garbage.

You might try ordering a replacement from your local Sprint store and hope it is on an earlier version (then disable updates). Both replacements I ordered had not been updated.

0 Likes