Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy A42 5G microphone only work in calls if Bluetooth is ON

(Topic created on: 18-03-2021 03:04 PM)
joedance
Apprentice
Options

I just bought a Galaxy A42 5G and it has an interesting but disturbing issue. When using the phone in normal calls, meaning using the ´phone´ app. The microphone doesn´t work unless the Bluetooth on the device is turned ON. I have tried rebooting, searching for updates and so, and nothing solve the issue. Bluetooth must be On in order to use the microphone when using the phone app. 

Is this a common issue? Is Samsung planning to update the app or release a fix??

12 REPLIES 12
SaudA
Troubleshooter
Options

Hi @joedance, not seen this issue before. Have you had it since you purchased the phone? Where did you buy it from? 

0 Likes
joedance
Apprentice
Options

Had it since the beginning. Bought via Amazon.de. Rebooting the mobile doesn´t seem to solve it.

0 Likes
SaudA
Troubleshooter
Options

It just seems so strange for the calling feature to be linked with Bluetooth. Have you previously connected a Bluetooth handsfree device/earphones? Also, have you tried backing up and performing a Factory reset? 

0 Likes
Gabor L
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue accept my microphone is not working at all for some reason . Not even if the Bluetooth is on. My phone is 3 weeks old. How did you fixed your issue ?

0 Likes
Gabor L
First Poster
Options

My microphone is not working at all. 3 weeks old phone 

0 Likes
SaudA
Troubleshooter
Options

Hi @Gabor L, what troubleshooting steps have you tried? Do you also have Galaxy A42 5G?  

0 Likes
joedance
Apprentice
Options

Removing all bluetooth headphones helped for a bit, but not anymore. The latest solution was to keep the bluetooth enabled even if the headphones are not linked...  It's a pain, I expect that the next upgrade takes care of it.

0 Likes
Gabor L
First Poster
Options

Yea and 5g

I restart, reboot, factory reset, factory reset from booting system. Literally everything 

0 Likes
Members_TjJ84B4
Student
Options

Hi i am also having the same ***** problem which ***** up my life in the last few days . Sending error report tying to fix searching on google how to resolve this issue but in vain. Whenever i received a call i need to restart my phone again n again .  I thought phone's mic is ***** up but surprised to see ur first comment on this phone that it is its feature and not a mic problem. Hope samsung will end this ***** (does not look like)...ur comments save my time and energy otherwise i was going to bin this rubbish 📱. It waste my so many days and messed up my head...***** features making no sense...

0 Likes