Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

galaxy a21s update problem

(Topic created on: 08-11-2022 11:03 PM)
Kluckyboy
First Poster
Options
My galaxy a21s is saying up to date when I try to update something even though I know it's compatible for Android 12. It's just stuck on android 10. I've tried the smart switch but method but still hasn't worked. 
0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Kluckyboy 

Was the phone supplied by Samsung directly or via a network on a contract  ? 

Could it be a grey import which are phone's sold by Samsung resellers sometimes. If so then your repaint on the country of origins Samsung sending out the update.

I ask as some branded phone's i.e supplied by a network sometimes recieve an update on a different schedule due to networks testing them.

You are using the best routes to update which is via the phone's software update section or Samsung Smartswitch.

If the phone's eligible you can download the current software onto the phone however you must be careful of vigilant of the process.

You can find more information on xdadevelopers.com 

Disclaimer  > 

If a person manually updates their phone's software and it goes wrong causing potentially stability issues and functions and features not working then Samsung may then charge a fee to put this right.

It's essential that a person learns on how to do this type of update properly and uses the correct software for their phone and region.

My advice is to wait for the official update via Samsung Smartswitch or via the phone's software update section.

To add > Android ¹² I think will be the last major update for your model of phone.

If I can be of any further help then please don't hesitate. Take care.  😎 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Kluckyboy
First Poster
Options
I bought my phone unlocked from someone else not Samsung
0 Likes
Kluckyboy
First Poster
Options
I bought it unlocked from someone else
0 Likes
Kluckyboy
First Poster
Options
The problem is it's still on Android 10 the version it came out with
0 Likes
Kluckyboy
First Poster
Options
It should have got Android 11 and 12 but it's not. I tried the smart switch method but it said the same thing up to date.
0 Likes