Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy A 73 not charging with type c chargers

(Topic created on: 25-11-2022 03:29 AM)
Donking
First Poster
Options
help - Samsung Galaxy A73 5G (Dual Sim) Started freezing up and shutting down on its own (phone not hot), sometimes took about 30 mins of Hard restart to come up again. Now just discovered that the regular type C charger wont charge the phone anymore and only charges with old USB end charger.
Also noticed that the phone does not react when plugged to a laptop and not visible.
I have done a factory reset and annoyingly the problem is still there,
Please help as I am really frustrated considering the stress of a factory reset, phone is less than a year old and I am currently abroad with a bad phone.
0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Are there any authorised Samsung Service Centres where you are that can take a look at your phone @Donking  ?

Some self help troubleshooting tips can be....

• Check the charging port does not have any foreign debris inside. Use a torch.
  • A factory reset is the deepest troubleshooting procedure you can try but do ensure all your apps and software is updated.
  • When factory resetting then when you set the phone back up do not use your saved back ups as this maybe corrupted. Instead set the phone up as new.
  • Remove any relevant Sd card just incase your sd card is corrupted. 
  • Ultimately you may need to purchase a cheap phone that's unlocked to all Network's so you can continue using your sim card and pack the phone away and then seek support from a Samsung Experience Store or Samsung Service Centre on your return.

I wish you all the best @Donking 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Donking
First Poster
Options

Thanks a lot for your concern and detailed response. Have already done all you suggested and in the process of installing relevant apps anew.

Have already visited a Samsung outlet in my current location and the problem was alien to them as well. That my phone was of a different spec (Dual sim) made for a different market didn't help either. So it seems am only left with the option of taking my chances with the sick phone till whatever is wrong with it is diagnosed.

Thanks.

0 Likes
Keeyanow
First Poster
Options

I have the exact same problem. Galaxy A73 (DS) unit too. Any updates? Were you able to fix it?

0 Likes
Lew Ren
First Poster
Options

Hi! Do you guys have any update about this issue? Same thing happened to my phone just recently and it's so inconvenient. It charges only using the Samsung cord and adaptor, it doesn't even respond when I plug the cord to my powerbank. So frustrating

0 Likes