Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

setup

(Topic created on: 24-11-2022 03:31 PM)
Matt
Explorer
Options

Hi 

I have recently moved network over to Virgin Mobile with my previous number being transferd over.

When I go to settings about phone, Next to Phone Number is saying Unknown. how can I get this to show my number.

thanks

Matt

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
KevP79
Voyager
Options
Mine says unknown. It reads the number hardcoded into the sim during manufacture , not all sims are hardcoded though, like my giffgaff sim, and as I carried my old number over to it too, it would be the wrong number anyway.

It will not affect the normal operation of your phone calls and texts will reach you just fine.
0 Likes
Badger42
Helping Hand
Options
You can try adding the phone number under the message settings then advance to add a mobile number, although not sure if that will then show under phone settings. When I transferred my number to another sim, I managed to change the number beforehand using my old Blackberry to change it first on the new SIM card.
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Matt  

Ask your network to perform a sim swap which moves your current mobile number and tariff to a Blank Sim Card as these cards have never had a number associated with that type of sim card.

Hopefully this will resolve this for you.

If I can be of any further help then please don't hesitate. Take care.  😎 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes