Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Factory reset ...

(Topic created on: 11-04-2021 10:34 AM)
Sp82
Navigator
Options
Good Morning all,
I have an A70 I received the update of android 11 last week ams I haven't done a factory reset yet . I know they recommend to do one after a major update but I hate doing it . Did any of you done it and seen a much better performance after the reset?

I don't have any lags or problems at the moment 
0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
pugsey
First Poster
Options
Good morning I can't seem too send any messages on my phone could you help please
0 Likes
Sp82
Navigator
Options
Maybe you need your carrier message centre number?
0 Likes
pugsey
First Poster
Options
What is that I'm no good at all this tech
0 Likes
Sp82
Navigator
Options
Open your message app >

click on the 3 dots on the right hand corner >

Select settings >

Select more settings >

Select text messages >

By this stage you should have 4 options the first one should be " show when delivered "

On the 4th option where it says " message centre " you should have a number which it looks like a mobile number which it's the same number for everyone that has the same carrier / network as you to be able to send text messages
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Sp82: While it wouldn't hurt to perform a factory data reset, it isn't a necessity following a software update. I recommend monitoring the performance of the device, and if you notice any issues then start with a Soft Reset by pressing the Volume Down and Power buttons together for around 10 seconds until the phone restarts. 

@pugsey: If you're having trouble sending text messages, then please try enabling Mobile Data by swiping from the top of the screen to the bottom > Mobile Data, as this is required to send messages that exceed the SMS character limit, or contain images/emojis. If this is the case, you may wish to open the Messages app > Tap the 3 dots in the top right > Settings > More Settings > Multimedia Messages > Set Restrictions, and choose 'Warning'. This will notify you in the event that an SMS has converted to MMS format, in which case Mobile Data will be required to complete the sending process.

antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
What about clearing the cache/dalvik? That is usually worth bothering with after an upgrade and far less hassle than a factory reset
0 Likes