Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DO NOT UPDATE TO ANDROID 11

(Topic created on: 04-05-2021 03:12 AM)
Veam
Journeyman
Options
To everyone thinking about updating their phone to android 11... don't. It claims to give you better performance and improve battery life. It doesn't. It slows your phone down and decreases your battery life by 20-30% I really hope that they fix this or at least make an option to go back to android 10.

Thank you,
Veam
15 REPLIES 15
George1988
Voyager
Options
Galaxy A42 5G user here. No issues so far. Thanks anyway! 🙂
0 Likes
Veam
Journeyman
Options
My nan has a A42 5G phone and I didn't really notice any decrease in performance (which I shouldn't because they cost quite a bit of money) so I think it's for "older" models, Even know the A21s (my phone) came out in May 2020.
0 Likes
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
Does the update claim any of those things?
0 Likes
Veam
Journeyman
Options
Yes
0 Likes
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
OK, just don't have an A series phone, but all the S series and my Note phones have no mention of better battery life.
0 Likes
Veam
Journeyman
Options
It says there is better battery life and performance for all Samsung phones when you are about to update them to android 11
0 Likes
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
Heh, guess I must've missed that one, but either way I haven't had any performance degradation or battery drain issues on any of my android 11 Samsungs (Note 10+ 5G, S20 Ultra and S21 Ultra although that one's only had 11).
Maria_vm
Troubleshooter
Options
A51 5G user here and have had no problems at all so far (My phone has had Android 11 for nearly 1 month). For me basically everything has been improved and nothing has gotten worse. Thanks anyway 😊 Much appreciated 😊
APARMAR
Troubleshooter
Options
S20 Plus 5G user here and I haven't had any issues in the 5 months that I have had Android 11 on my phone. My battery life seems to have improved since I installed Android 11 in December 2020.
0 Likes