Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

deleted messages

(Topic created on: 19-02-2024 10:42 PM)
dobbydoo
First Poster
Options

Do all deleted messages go to the trash bin first? I know they disappear after 30 days, but they go there first, correct? 

I'm asking because someone I know claims to have sent me a text and they said I responded to the text, but I don't remember this at all and it's not in my messages or in the trash and the date was only 2 weeks ago so it should be in my trash bin if I deleted it.

They showed me a screen shot of this communication, but not the actual texts themselves. I'm suspicious that they made a fake text and took a screen shot of it, but I would like to know for sure. I don't want to accuse this person of anything if it's truly possible I deleted it (without remembering).

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
Piper123
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Hey there

Are you using Google Messages or Samsung Messages please?

Google Messages doesn't have a Recycle Bin facility but if you have Back Up turned on and you have included SMS, you'll likely be able to locate your missing SMS there.
0 Likes
Piper123
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Have just looked at Samsung Messages. That does have a Recycle Bin so any deleted messages will be in there and will remain there unless a) you manually delete them from there or b) the Samsung Policy number of days has passed after which they'll be deleted automatically.

Hope that all helps.
dobbydoo
First Poster
Options

Thank you. Yes I'm aware of manually deleting and the 30 day limit. I just wondered if any deleted messages somehow bypass the recycle bin and disappear altogether.

0 Likes
Solution
Piper123
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Only if you manually delete them from the Recycle Bin (if using Samsung Messages App).
0 Likes