Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copying texts to my PC

(Topic created on: 24-03-2024 11:59 AM)
Esseven
Journeyman
Options

I have an A52S 5G. I  want to copy text messages that I have recieved on my phone to my Windows 10 PC.

I  have already tried by connecting my phone and PC by USB and using the Smart Switch on my PC, I have tried the backup option after choosing "messages".  Some wierd and wonderful files were transfered but nothing vaguely recognisable as a message that I could read!

Can anybody help me here, please?

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Esseven  The Microsoft phone link works well for me,   Link to Windows needs to be enabled in Settings-Connected Devices.  The process explained here https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/Link To Windows  

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

View solution in context

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Haven't personally used it but have your tried the phone link app via Microsoft?

I do use WhatsApp with my PC linked from the phone.

Haven't tried messages
0 Likes
Solution
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Esseven  The Microsoft phone link works well for me,   Link to Windows needs to be enabled in Settings-Connected Devices.  The process explained here https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/Link To Windows  

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
Esseven
Journeyman
Options

Thanks for the replies. My brain only works slowly on things like this but I got there and I've managed to save some important text messages to my PC hard drive (as Word documents) so mission accomplished.

JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
Glad it worked out for you 😊

0 Likes