Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contacts Not Syncing Properly

(Topic created on: 21-03-2022 01:40 PM)
awjm
First Poster
Options

Hi all.

I recently tried upgrading from an A20e to a new Samsung phone. I decided to backtrack as I didn't like the new phone.

Before attempting the upgrade, I backed everything up onto Smart Switch. I logged back into my A20e after making the above decision and now my contacts on the original A20e are kind screwed up.

My issue is as follows: all contacts are now back on the phone but there is some kind of strange glitch; a large portion of my contacts are appearing as unsaved contacts in Messages, WhatsApp, phone log.

However, when I go to the Contacts app and search for the unsaved contact by the name it was previously saved under, the contact pops up on screen for a brief moment and then the name quickly disappears from the contact and then it looks like an unsaved contact with no name, even though it is still there in the search results under the contact's name.

So, obviously things aren't pairing up properly. How can I fix this?

I actually don't get why this happened because I never erased anything from the A20e. I simply started using a new phone, didn't like it, put sim back in the A20e and now this issue.

Thanks.

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1
AndrewL
Options

@awjm: Where are you contacts currently backed up to? If you're unsure, head to the Contacts app > Tap the 3 lines in the top left, then tap the bar at the top of the pop up window. This will show your possible backup locations, with a number to the right of the current storage location(s). If they're backed up to an account, such as Google or Samsung, then tap on Manage Contacts . Sync Contacts > Toggle on the relevant account > Sync. If the issue persists, try moving your contacts to your internal storage via the 'Move Contacts' option to see if this helps. 

0 Likes