Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charging issue on A12

(Topic created on: 22-08-2022 10:44 AM)
bjmackay
Apprentice
Options
My a12 recently stopped fast charging and won't connect via cable to my car system. Tried different Samsung cables but sometimes won't charge at all. Checked charging port for fluff but cannot see anything. Any help greatly appreciated. 
6 REPLIES 6
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hi @bjmackay ,

I would love to assist you with this. Do the same thing happens when you charge the phone using a charging plug connected to the mains?

Could you please run this test and let us know the results? Head into the Samsung Members app> Support> Under Diagnostics tap View tests> Cable charging. 

bjmackay
Apprentice
Options
Hi TessM, yes does the same when mains charging, will run this test.
bjmackay
Apprentice
Options
Test came back as charging speed normal, Although fast charging is enabled. Also I've notice when plugged in my phone keeps flashing the percentage ring as if it's just been plugged in.
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Thanks for giving this a try @bjmackay . How long have you been experiencing this issue? May I ask what charger plug and cable are you using?

Would you be able to place the phone in Safe Mode and test if the same thing happens? You can find how to do this here: https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-to-start-my-galaxy-device-in-safe-mode/

bjmackay
Apprentice
Options
Samsung cable and charger
0 Likes
bjmackay
Apprentice
Options
Ran in safe mode, still the same problem. Manage to get my phone to "slow" charge, but still won't connect too android auto. So think it points to a connection problem rather than a battery one. It's been happening for about 2 weeks.
0 Likes