Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charging doesn't stop at 100%

(Topic created on: 09-05-2022 09:52 AM)
Disenchanted11
Apprentice
Options

Hi, my A52 won't stop charging at 100%. It's only about one week old. I've seen it stop at 100% before I did the backlogs of huge system updates up to the Android 12 update. I tried both fast charging on and off, same result.

Any advice?

Screenshot_20220509-151755_One UI Home.jpg

5 REPLIES 5
Blessed4life
Black Belt 
Options
Hi, did you clear the cache partition after the update?
That should fix the battery percentage, its probably just a little glitch after such large update.
Starz12
Explorer
Options
I have experienced this notification on previous phones, and even if I left it on overnight and all day the notifications never changed. I took it as my phone hear fully charged but since it was still plugged in it was keeping a small trickle charge. After a while as the phone got older I found it I left it on charge for more than a few hours with the 100% showing it would actually start discharging. To stop this I would disconnect the phone and then after an hour or so reconnect and it would then recharge the correct way. I aussi have found different charging cables can also affect how the notifications show. Some turn of at 100% and some don't seem to. So try a different cable or even charging brick which can also affect this. Samsung ones always work right with they're Samsung phones. Other brands react differently.
Disenchanted11
Apprentice
Options

It would pause charging at 85% just fine

Disenchanted11
Apprentice
Options

I tried waiting it out for a few minutes and it eventually stopped charging. I will try to clear cache partition though, it's already on my mind before posting here. Thank you.

Mickeybrad
Explorer
Options
I have an A52s 5G in the UK. When I am charging my phone up It will get to 100%, but i leave it charging it will eventually show that it is fully charged after a few more minutes. Even though the indicator shows that the battery is at 100% it still has to put the charge into the battery to get to 100%
0 Likes