Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Charging doesn't stop at 100%

(Topic created on: 09-05-2022 09:52 AM)
Disenchanted11
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy A Series

Hi, my A52 won't stop charging at 100%. It's only about one week old. I've seen it stop at 100% before I did the backlogs of huge system updates up to the Android 12 update. I tried both fast charging on and off, same result.

Any advice?

Screenshot_20220509-151755_One UI Home.jpg

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
Blessed4life
Hotshot
Options
Galaxy A Series
Hi, did you clear the cache partition after the update?
That should fix the battery percentage, its probably just a little glitch after such large update.
Starz12
Explorer
Options
Galaxy A Series
I have experienced this notification on previous phones, and even if I left it on overnight and all day the notifications never changed. I took it as my phone hear fully charged but since it was still plugged in it was keeping a small trickle charge. After a while as the phone got older I found it I left it on charge for more than a few hours with the 100% showing it would actually start discharging. To stop this I would disconnect the phone and then after an hour or so reconnect and it would then recharge the correct way. I aussi have found different charging cables can also affect how the notifications show. Some turn of at 100% and some don't seem to. So try a different cable or even charging brick which can also affect this. Samsung ones always work right with they're Samsung phones. Other brands react differently.
Disenchanted11
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy A Series

It would pause charging at 85% just fine

Disenchanted11
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy A Series

I tried waiting it out for a few minutes and it eventually stopped charging. I will try to clear cache partition though, it's already on my mind before posting here. Thank you.

Mickeybrad
Explorer
Options
Galaxy A Series
I have an A52s 5G in the UK. When I am charging my phone up It will get to 100%, but i leave it charging it will eventually show that it is fully charged after a few more minutes. Even though the indicator shows that the battery is at 100% it still has to put the charge into the battery to get to 100%
0 Likes