Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change networks after crossing the border - but fast?

(Topic created on: 28-10-2019 12:20 PM)
1993matias
First Poster
Options

Hi, 

Almost every day I cross a border, which means roaming is on. The problem is that the phone really wants to stick with the network it was on before the border for as long as possible, sometimes up to 15 kms from the border (when it basically doesn't have a data connection anyway)! It's urban area on both sides, so network coverage is not the issue. If I switch networks manually, it finds a 4G strong connection right away. 

I can understand if some users don't want to switch to a stronger network from across the border, but is there a setting to tell the phone to select the strongest network - roaming or not? I don't want to spend 5-10 minutes every day selecting the network manually. 

This issue happens in both directions too, it sticks with the 'foreign' network as much as it sticks with its 'native' network. 

It happened with my older phone too, but I guess the A70 has a better antenna, as it wasn't as much of an issue before. 

3 REPLIES 3
CarloL
Hotshot
Options

Hey @1993matias! This is a very interesting one. We can think that the phone gets automatically set up and "accustomed" to the settings of the network he has also been on for longer. I am not aware of any setting that can encourage the phone to connect automatically to the strongest network aside from using the strongest networks at home and abroad for as long as possible. You could have a look for a reliable third party app you could use for this purpose though. If you find anything out about this, do let us know!

0 Likes
Denzel105
First Poster
Options

Has this been fixed in the new Galaxy S20 ? Is there any app for this ?

easydone
First Poster
Options

Yep looking for a quick change of networks too. Or automatically selecting the strongest network.

0 Likes