Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Cant make screenshots with android 10 - A50

(Topic created on: 12-05-2020 08:51 PM)
NathanV
Explorer
Options

When I try to take a screenshot on my Galaxy A50 with the android 10 update, it no longer works.

If you use volume down and power button you will get to the power screen where you get the message that you need to use power and volume up for a screenshot, but that does not work. Nothing just happens, no error message or anything. Is this a bug in Android 10? Is there a solution for this?
I read on the internet that the android 10 update has been discontinued because of bugs.

32 REPLIES 32
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hi @NathanV ,

we can confirm that this software is still operative and I'm unaware of any issues related to this. However, I have noticed that the way to take a screenshot on the new software has changed so you will need to Press the Volume Down button and Side Key at the same time quickly.

NathanV
Explorer
Options

Dear Tess,

I am aware of the change how screenshots are being made. I have to correct you on the buttons, it is volume up and power at the same time.

But still my issue stays the same, if i push the buttons, power and volume up, the only thing that happens is that the volume is going up. I have tried several times, but every time the screenshot is not being made, and the only thing that happens is that the volume is going up.

I can assure you that i push the buttons correctly and at the same time.

Thank you for your help so far, and i hope we can solve this issue.

TessM
Mastermind
Options

Sorry about that @NathanV .

There's another way to take a screenshot. You can use palm swipe to take a screenshot without even pressing a button. From Settings, search for and select Palm swipe to capture. Then, touch the switch next to Palm swipe to capture to turn this feature on. Now you'll be able to take a screenshot just by swiping the edge of your hand across your phone's screen. 

0 Likes
NathanV
Explorer
Options

I am aware of that setting. But i find that setting very annoying. I am focussing on the main option to make a screenshot (I see the option with the power button as the main option) in this thread.

I still think there is a bug around in android 10 with the screenshots.

0 Likes
Solution
NathanV
Explorer
Options

I have tried again with the volume down button. And it worked now. The messages in my phone mislead me, because they were saying that you must make a screenshot with the volume up button. Maybe you can fix that in the next update. Thank you for the support.

DannyBoy21
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue and there is no apperent way to rebind the shortcut to be vol down + home button. The swipe gesture for screenshot is anoying at best and if this issue gets fixed I'll disable it as fast as I can.

NathanV
Explorer
Options

Hey Danny,

I did it. My problem is solved. What changed in the android 10 update is that you must use the power and volume down button. And you have to push the buttons very shortly.

I hope that this helps.

Sandeep16
Apprentice
Options

You Got update? 😮

0 Likes
NathanV
Explorer
Options

Yes, got the update on the day i opened this thread. Got another security update like 4 days ago.

0 Likes