Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot find NFC

(Topic created on: 24-07-2022 11:57 PM)
HVeerbeek
First Poster
Options

I have bought a new Samsung Galaxy A12 specifically for NFC function

Two apps have told me there is no NFC function available, I also cannot find any NFC settings in Settings>Connections. Software says its up to date.

Model nr: SM-A127F/DS

What's going on here? Can I get NFC functionality working>

10 REPLIES 10
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Hi
Try below

Turn NFC on your Samsung Galaxy A12 on or off

Slide two fingers downwards starting from the top of the screen. Press the NFC icon to turn the function on or off. Press the Home key to return to the home screen.
0 Likes
Grant1412
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue as HVeerbeek. I've been searching around the internet for an answer and haven't found one.
I bought two of these phones (SM-A127F/DS) for my kids because the NFC would allow them to top up their bus fare cards from my credit card anywhere at anytime. But there is no NFC settings, there's no icon in the pull down "draw".
These particular phones supposedly ship with NFC, but I can't access or use that advertised feature. Is there something wrong with the current firmware version for these devices?

0 Likes
Members_SPgbfRY
First Poster
Options

I looked into this and actually phoned samsung UK. They stated on this model phone there is no NFC as it is a EU phone which is outside of UK. Any phone that is within UK will have NFC on it. 

0 Likes
Members_SPgbfRY
First Poster
Options

I have same model phone. If you look up gsm arena you will see the difference in model numbers. In UK models the model no. is SM-A125F/DS compared to SM-A127F/DS

phone.PNG

0 Likes
NiallDarwin
First Poster
Options

Mine is a 'SM-A125F/DS' but has no NFC 😞
I think maybe the 'N' at the end of the model name might stand for NFC? Either way I'm pretty upset to find I don't have this feature. Overall I'm not impressed by this phone.

0 Likes
steveharvo
First Poster
Options
No nfc on this phone
0 Likes
Jairus1
First Poster
Options

I bought my galaxy FO4 and the NFC reader is not there because I bought the phone only for samsung pay now the nfc is not there even when I downloaded the nfc reader app it scanning my debit card but not working to give out the information please someone should help me out here F04 galaxy NFC not working

0 Likes
Members_3hya2HO
First Poster
Options

There is no NFC icon

0 Likes
ju_wf
First Poster
Options

DS version doesn't support NFC, they have a contact point on the mainboard but it's not usable because the software doesn't have a way to use NFC function. The fix here is to find a DSN phone which has NFC coil inside and a way to access NFC features 

0 Likes