What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camera resolution settings

(Topic created on: 03-03-2022 04:28 PM)
Options

I've just received a new A52s 5G and it's mostly ok. One thing that seems very odd though is that I can't find the settings to change the camera resolution. I can select aspect ratios like 9:16 or 3:4 but not the resolution of the image. Selecting 9:16 gives photos with a resolution of a massive 4624x2404 and a compressed file size of about 5MB. 3:4 gives an unusable 9248x6936 and a file size of an off the scale 16MB!! Clearly no reputable or competent phone manufacturer would force those crazy sizes on anyone and deliberately remove the resolution settings so how do I get to them?

Thanks

Mike

3 REPLIES 3
Knightshift76
Voyager
Options
3:4 is using all the 64MP of the Main Camera that is why it's such a large resolution with a big file size, Essentially the different ratio's are the Resolution options now
0 Likes
Options
If the devs think image aspect ratio is any sort of replacement for image resolution then they are clearly clueless about digital imaging.
Avalon11
First Poster
Options

Lower resolution using pixel binning can have also advantage of higher low light sensitivity, less noise and higher dynamic range.

0 Likes