Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Camera - an odd green light

(Topic created on: 21-05-2022 04:08 AM)
Spectro
Pioneer
Options

Hello!
Please I am worried my Samsung galaxy A52 5G while the Camera application has suddenly a constantly shining green light on the right upper corner!
It showed up today 17th of May 2022 and foes not vanish although I have shut down (booted ? Correct word?) the phone and started then the programs again.

There is so much phising etc. dangerous! Please what is that light!? Is someone connected to my phone?

I am not gladly using the camera anymore! It does not feel safe due to the odd green light! It feels like someone would be on the line against my will spioning.🧐

Thank you so much for your help how to solve this problem! 

Ps. I do not use Bixby etc. I only want to use a normal camera.

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
Solution
Knightshift76
Voyager
Options
If its a green circle 🟢 《 like this then it means the Camera is in use by an app ,nothing to worry about
Spectro
Pioneer
Options

Knightshift76, 

Thank you for answering! It is exactly like that! There is first in a while shown like a little camera symbol and a little microphone symbol and then they vanish and instead comes that little green light.

That is what is worring me, if there is some odd application using the camera and watching at the same I am shooting photos or videos about?

Please would you or someone else possibly know whete to check which applications have right to use the camera and microphone?

Would like to check that list to see incase there is some app that I prfer not not be using the camera?

Thank you so much!

Have a great day all of you! :smiling-face:

Solution
Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
Go into Settings then privacy, there you can find which apps have access to your microphone and camera. Permission manager.
WllmCranston
Explorer
Options
It is a new privacy feature. When an app is using the camera or microphone, as you said, will show a small green bubble.
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Yes the new privacy policy with the newer Android software has these to let you know what is using or potentially using the camera and microphone on your phone. As has already been said.
These are part of the Google Android operating system and cannot be turned off. So it's nothing that Samsung has implemented.
As @Fiona26 has said, if there are apps that are using those services that you don't think should be. Follow those instructions to look into the privacy settings for the apps.
Spectro
Pioneer
Options

Thank you WllmCranston, Fiona26 and Glenntech for your reliefing answers!

I checked and it is only this camera I have alouded to use the camera and microphone as well for the video shooting.

Sounds it ok that the green light shows however no other application has permission to use the camera?