Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broken Screen A8 2018

(Topic created on: 20-01-2021 09:23 AM)
Members_D1iLd5F
First Poster
Options

Has anyone experience of linking a broken Samsung Phone to a TV to allow viewing the screen. There is a page on the Samsung website that gives a little guidance. See below

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/i-smashed-my-screen-and-cannot-use-the-touchscreen...

Just wondering if anyone has tried it. It tells me I may need to order some additional hardware. Not a problem but its not clear exactly which OTG adapter to purchase when it starts to talk about a power supply for the OTG. 

Also has anyone experince of the 3rd party software you can download to extract the data via a PC. A little worried about down loading these?

Thanks in anticipation

Chris.

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
You should find any otg adaptor will work. A quick Google details some aimed at supporting the S9.

Please stay away from recovery apps, they have a tendency to cause a lot of issues.
0 Likes
Qwerty7
Helping Hand
Options
DON'T buy an OTG cable. the only phones that support HDMI otg are ones with usb 3 ports, which on Samsung's are just the S8 and above, and the A90. This doesn't include the S8. you count try the Your phone app to view your pgone on your pc, but it may need setting up which isn't possible with a broken screen
0 Likes