Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Brand new A52s Bricked before first use will not accept PIN

(Topic created on: 06-05-2022 07:36 AM)
cksky
First Poster
Options

Hi I had a brand new A52s 5G delivered yesterday from a established UK retailer. I charged it up fully, turned it on, set the finger print unlock and same PIN that I have used for a while, entered my Google account, downloaded Smart switch and transferred all my data form my old phone. It seemed to be working ok so I then powered it off and transferred my SIM and memory card from my old phone. When I powered it back on it wants me to "enter a PIN after reset" but it wont accept my pin, allow the finger print sensor to work and wont boot up or power off. I have Google and Youtube searched it and now seen many other people with similar issues. I have tried to countless times to factory reset it using the power and volume keys but it will not go into the boot menu. I have also tried Samsung find my mobile but its not listed on my account also Google find my device to reset it but it can not be found even though it is connected to the wifi and has a data signal. 

This was my first ever Samsung phone and I am not impressed at all, I have never had any issue like this with any other phone. I want to return it for a full refund but it still has all my data and accounts on it.

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
Rob99
Voyager
Options
Is there a PIN code set on your SIM card? Maybe get in touch with your service provider, sometimes there is a code needed to use the SIM in a new phone.
cksky
First Poster
Options

There is not a sim pin set but if there was then I would have used the same pin. When it bricked I removed the sim to back in my old phone. The A52s was still requesting "enter pin after reset" without the sim installed but still would not accept the pin.

After unsuccessfully trying countless times to factory reset the phone last night, I tried again this morning and managed to get into the Android boot loader screen and have factory reset it, obviously losing all data. All I did different was plug the USB cable into a laptop rather than the charger and it worked first time. When the phone rebooted it still would not accept the pin and I had to authorise it via my Google account.

I do not know what to do with it now, that experience has removed my trust in it.

0 Likes