Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Battery Saver mode / Gmail notifications

(Topic created on: 21-05-2021 10:45 AM)
tommo800
Student
Options
Galaxy A Series
I'd be interested to hear if anyone has the same issue....
I use the battery saver mode often on my A51, I see a real noticeable difference in battery life, enough so that I'm happy to forego a few of the features of not having it on (always on display, etc). With one exception, and that is that my Gmail push notifications don't come through. This is a pretty big deal and it's very frustrating. Does anyone else have the same issue, or know of a workaround? Thanks
0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
Peter918
Explorer
Options
Galaxy A Series
I have the same problem I think it's the Gmail app not battery saver mode. I have put my Gmail account on Samsung mail app and I get notifications no. Problem.
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options
Galaxy A Series

@tommo800: Can you try heading to Settings > Battery and Device Care > Battery > Background Usage Limits, and check to see if Gmail is in your Sleeping or Deep Sleeping apps? If it is, tap the 3 dots in the top right > Edit Apps > Gmail > Remove. Also, head to Settings > Apps > Gmail > Notifications > Email > Set your preferences> Back > Miscellaneous > Set your preferences > In-app Notification Settings > Check your available options here.