Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASHA support on Android 11 and Galaxy A40

(Topic created on: 26-07-2023 07:16 PM)
foxinthehouse
Explorer
Options
My new hearing ***** are ASHA compatible which I read is supported from Android 10 onwards. My Samsung Galaxy A40 is running Android 11 but will not connect to my hearing *****. I get a message stating that I need an App to connect. Is this a hardware issue with my phone and ASHA as my phone was, I think, Android 9 when purchased.
I really would like to stream phone calls direct to my hearing ***** as I struggle to to hear on the phone. My ***** are Oticon Engage and I use the Oticon On App which connects to the ***** just fine for adjysting volume etc., but will not stream calls.
0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
CarlH
Options

Hey @foxinthehouse. I've passed this on to my colleague to see if this is possible or if an app is required. I'll let you know once I hear back. 

foxinthehouse
Explorer
Options
That's very kind of you CarlH.
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@foxinthehouse: While we look into this for you, please try swiping up from your Home screen and heading to Settings > Accessibility > Hearing enhancements > Hearing aid support, and check to see if a connection can be established from here. If a connection has already been established, head to Settings > Connections > Bluetooth > On > Tap the cog to the right of your connected hearing aids, and check to see if 'Calls' can be toggled on from here. 

foxinthehouse
Explorer
Options
@AndrewL: Thank you for your help. Unfortunately my A40 does not have a sub heading 'Hearing aid support' under the 'Hearing engancements' . Here is a screengrab of this sub heading.
Under the Bluetooth settings, 'Calls' is not an option displayed. Ringtone sync is on, Music share is on, sync with Samsung Cloud is off. Those are the only toggles on the screen.20230728_144841_1000004429_1690552122.jpg
0 Likes
Fizzydrink
Apprentice
Options
I had to upgrade my A41 to an A52 to connect to my hearing aid
foxinthehouse
Explorer
Options
Thanks Fizzydrink, I am thinking of upgrading so it's good to know the A52 has ASHA support.
0 Likes
Fizzydrink
Apprentice
Options
It was the lowest spec I found that I could get away with 😆.
Annoying though, as my A41 was quite new. And annoying because I believe the compatibility is possible in the whole range but just not turned on for the lower spec models. Bit discriminatory of Samsung, I think, against those with hearing disabilities.
Su6i
Apprentice
Options
Signia Stretta hearing ***** ? Advised by Hearing aid suppliers, Express Diagnostic, Plymouth, UK...
The Asha protocol on my S21 Ultra is hit and miss for both ears, calls & media only via right hearing aid device ? Any updates I can download to correct this please 🙏
Tia1710755793783_1710755793777_0.jpg
0 Likes
PavloM
First Poster
Options

My A54 smartphone does not connect to the Oticon Siya 1 hearing ***** using the ASHA protocol.

0 Likes