Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apps that re activate automatically

(Topic created on: 08-01-2020 03:09 AM)
GingerSteve
Helping Hand
Options

I have a galaxy a70 but the same issue has happened on my previous handsets too, such as pixel 3a , nokia 7.1 , galaxy s10e and a20e.

I disable apps I don't need or want, such as YouTube, onedrive,  Google photos, music, etc

Everytime I've disabled YouTube I get a notification of "downloading language for YouTube" and then the app appears again even though I never re activated it.

I also get Google chrome intermittently notifying me on my play store app that it's waiting for wifi.

Again this isn't handset specific but has anyone else noticed this ? 

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
IreibeX
Hotshot
Options

The general problem has a name : bloatware . All smartphone and operating system manufacturers make money by obtaining information and selling products, and they think they can do so by grabbing data and attention. The only permanent solution would be to forfeit the guarantee and install a non-commercial operating system. For obvious reasons we can't discuss details here.

0 Likes
GingerSteve
Helping Hand
Options
I'd rather have the bloatware than an unofficial os, they can have all the information they like about me.

My post was just asking if the automatically reappearing YouTube and other rubbish was a normal Google android occurrence now days, I've only noticed it in my last few handsets.

Thanks for your reply either way
0 Likes
IreibeX
Hotshot
Options

@GingerSteve wrote:
I'd rather have the bloatware than an unofficial os, they can have all the information they like about me.

My post was just asking if the automatically reappearing YouTube and other rubbish was a normal Google android occurrence now days, I've only noticed it in my last few handsets.

Yes, that's normal. Generally you can try to deactivate an app. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. With Youtube it seems to work, and then suddenly that gets overruled and the app is active again.

0 Likes