cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apps crashing , screen freezing

(Topic created on: 14-12-2022 12:46 PM)
First Poster
Options
Since the latest software update ,phone is no longer usable. Apps crashing g and phone freezing
0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @168  Firstly I would suggest that you clear the cache partition  which can help with freezes and performance issues and is advisable after software updates.  Temporary files are deleted but your Data is intact.

Follow these steps:

1. Turn off the device.
2.  Press and hold the Volume Up key and then press and hold the Power key, should not need to connect to computer on A series.
3. When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
4. An 'Installing system update' message will show for 30 - 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
6. Press Power key to select.
7. Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
8. When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
9. Press the Power key to restart the device.

You can also Repair Apps from the same Recovery Menu which would be advantageous.

A short video on the Recovery Menu options here 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
Jonesy1
Pioneer
Options
Makes no difference unfortunately as lots of us have tried everything, even a factory reset and the issue still persist
TLD
Apprentice
Options
Hmm, my phone (A51) is freezing, crashing and restarting itself of recent and I haven't even install the most recent update. Samsung software hijacking for me to upgrade by any chance??
0 Likes
rockyrockport
Apprentice
Options
Tried every thing still doing the same note 10 plus
0 Likes
Dean81
Explorer
Options

Have the same problem with my Samsung A72. I am on the latest Android 13, and I also wiped all my data, and cache from the recovery model. The screen freezes and it only works a couple of min after restarting.

Members_vgmFPe5
Student
Options

Hello All, Did anyone find a fix for this? My S20 Ultra has just been playing up. Off and on charge, in safe mode and even tried a factory reset.

0 Likes
Andriuss
First Poster
Options

My S21 5G started freezing after latest 1 December 2023 - 200-300 mb update. Now my screen simply freezes I can still open toolbar with settings but none of the desktop icons become clickable unless restart the phone. 

0 Likes