Hi @168 Firstly I would suggest that you clear the cache partition which can help with freezes and performance issues and is advisable after software updates. Temporary files are deleted but your Data is intact.
Follow these steps:
1. Turn off the device.
2. Press and hold the Volume Up key and then press and hold the Power key, should not need to connect to computer on A series.
3. When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
4. An 'Installing system update' message will show for 30 - 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
6. Press Power key to select.
7. Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
8. When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
9. Press the Power key to restart the device.
You can also Repair Apps from the same Recovery Menu which would be advantageous.
A short video on the Recovery Menu options here
I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.
My Device- S21 Ultra 5G ( SM-998B/DS ) CSC= BTU , 12GB/256GB
One Ui 5.0,Android 13 .
Have the same problem with my Samsung A72. I am on the latest Android 13, and I also wiped all my data, and cache from the recovery model. The screen freezes and it only works a couple of min after restarting.
Hello All, Did anyone find a fix for this? My S20 Ultra has just been playing up. Off and on charge, in safe mode and even tried a factory reset.