Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android 13 update removed all photos

(Topic created on: 25-01-2023 04:16 PM)
Aj1978
Apprentice
Options
I have installed the new android 13 update today and all of my photos, videos everything in my gallery has disappeared can this be undone or are they all lost? 
0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

The update shouldn't have deleted anything of this nature however the journey to how the gallery folders has changed.

Go into Gallery, Icon with 3 lines in the bottom Rh Corner, Settings, Toggle on Select Albums to Show. 

Then launch Gallery and them there should be a ' view all ' in blue writing in the top Rh corner.

If this isn't the problem then do look in your Gallery Recycle Bin via Gallery, 3 lines icon in the bottom Rh corner , Recycle Bin.

May I also add > If your not already then it's a good idea to regularly create a back up of your photo's either using One Drive , Google Photos or Dropbox as some examples.

If I can be of any further help then please don't hesitate. Take care.  😎 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Aj1978
Apprentice
Options
Yeah, that hasn't helped. I had backed up my photos last week so not as bad as I thought but still not great. hopefully others will have the sense to back up first. Thanks for your help
Nagswoman
First Poster
Options
All of my photos have been redated to 7th Jan 2023 and have been shuffled. NOT GOOD.
0 Likes
Aj1978
Apprentice
Options
I restarted my phone a few days ago and lo and behold all of my photos are back, I'm guessing the update didn't restart properly but either way I'm happy, thanks for your advice though
0 Likes
Members_k35E2H4
First Poster
Options

My phone has done an update on IU and all the recent photos in my gallery have disappeared. Is there something I can do to recover them?

0 Likes