Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

android 11 3.1 killed internet a10e

(Topic created on: 16-09-2021 12:28 PM)
Popichilo
First Poster
Options

I installed the android 11 3.1 two days ago and have not been able to get the internet back. Keeps saying to turn off airplane mode. Turn on of wifi or mobile data.Even when my phone hooks to my home network it still will not connect to the internet.

Anyone have ideas on how to get this corrected? Please keep in mind I have very little knowledge about how these devices work so would need instructions or a site to go to

Thank you

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
nowdeleted
Big Cheese
Options
Have you tried resetting the network on your phone ?? This will result in the network connections resetting and you have to input all network's and passwords, without affecting anything else.
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Popichilo: Sorry to hear that you're experiencing this issue. Can you double check that Flight Mode is disabled by heading to Settings > Connections > Flight Mode > Off. If it's already off, toggle it on, then off again to see if this helps at all.

To further troubleshoot this issue please head to Settings > Connections > Wi-Fi > Tap the cog symbol to the right of your router > Forget > Back > Toggle Wi-Fi off and on again > Select your router from the list of available connections, and run through the connection steps. Now, tap the cog next to your router > Advanced > MAC Address Type, and set this to Phone MAC. If the issue persists, please try pressing the Volume Down and Power buttons together for around 10 seconds until the phone restarts, as this will refresh the software and address any issues that might be a contributing factor. We also recommend resetting your router to ensure that there are no temporary network issues. If you are still unable to connect then please head to Settings > General Management > Reset > Reset Network Settings.

Popichilo
First Poster
Options

Thank you Andrew and Pete for your input. I tried resetting everything and I did not wish to factory reset my phone just to have to install everything again.

I did some research and the Android update put the wrong values in the APN. As the phone would not let me edit those settings I had to add a new APN with the below data for AT&T and everything is now working correctly.

• Name: NXTGENPHONE
  • APN: NXTGENPHONE
  • Proxy: not set
  • Port: not set
  • Username: not set
  • Password: not set
  • Server: not set
  • MMSC: http://mmsc.mobile.att.net
  • MMS proxy: proxy.mobile.att.net
  • MMS port: 80
  • MCC: 310
  • MNC: 410