Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Almost new Galaxy A54: Battery draining much faster since your software update

(Topic created on: 24-03-2024 03:16 PM)
StephenGrayAU
First Poster
Options

I have a Reasonably new Galaxy A54 smart phone. I have not installed anything new, not made any config changes, and have not changed my usage pattern other than less screen time of late. But since the recent software update, the phone is noticably using up the battery much faster than before. I am using the screen far less lately yet the battery is flat before the end of the one day. Before, even with more use of apps (and therefore screen usage) I could get away with charging every 2 days

I previously had an Oppo phone. Theirs was 4 years before they did a software update that caused the same issue, they didnt fix it.... so I bought this Samsung. If this isnt fixed.... next time I will buy some other brand. So will many others. 

Please look into it. we dont write these reports for the fun of it, and I am not mistaken. Im an electronics tech experienced in fault finding.  

4 REPLIES 4
Piper123
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Hey there

First things first, have you performed a Wipe Partition Cache on your device?

Recommended after any major OS and periodically after security updates (I do it 3 monthly usually).
S24 Ultra
Piper123
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
1. Turn off the device.
2. Connect To Computer USBC to USBC (you may also connect to another Samsung mobile via USBC). Press and hold the Volume Up key and then press and hold the Power key
3. When the Android logo displays, release both keys.
4. Wait until the Android system recovery menu options appear.
5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
6. Press Power key to select.
7. Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
8. When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
9. Press the Power key to restart the device.
S24 Ultra
Badger42
Helping Hand
Options
It's definitely worth doing the wipe partition cache after the updates. My A54 is getting about 5.5hr screen on time with about 46% battery left in a day after the March update.
lance78
Helping Hand
Options
Put all apps u don't use in deep sleep mode1711454059427_1711454059396_0.jpg1711454100865.jpg
0 Likes