Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ability to replace Samsung Daily feed with Google / Google Now on UI Home screen

(Topic created on: 04-11-2020 09:21 AM)
JuanScholtz
Student
Options

Galaxy A31 Series running the Android OS 10, Samsung UI. 

Can we have the ability to select between Samsung daily and Google / Google Now as the feed on the home page. 

11 REPLIES 11
Matty8787
Pathfinder
Options
use nova launcher and Google companion add-on and away you go
JuanScholtz
Student
Options

That defeats the purpose of having it on the original UI. Having to install a third party app to do it. 

0 Likes
Matty8787
Pathfinder
Options
they ain't going to let you use Google feed as they want you using their own stuff.. it's either 3rd party or bust I'm afraid.
Hwalker1
Pathfinder
Options
sadly the Samsung news app sends me news I don't wish to see. Mainly Americanised that goes down like a lead balloon. in the UK.
Nearest that I have found is to disable the built in news feed and drag my Google app to the front page. no need to swipe left but just click on Google and it's all there.
cannot work out why companies modify the stock Android UI. not found one that's better in any way. Just confuses the issue.
Hwalker1
Pathfinder
Options
I take it that the UI you are referring to is the Samsung UI?
0 Likes
MaddenJMF
First Poster
Options

Seems to now be standard on S21 Ultra Android 11 with Samsung One UI 3.0

0 Likes
Hwalker1
Pathfinder
Options
bad move.
0 Likes
Hwalker1
Pathfinder
Options
yes indeed. it's full of bloatware, some of which cannot be deleted

I hide as much of this at the far right of my screens so I seldom get to even see it.
Even their much vaunted camera app is of little use. y the time its made its mind up how to set up, the moment is gone. I am totally disappointed with this phone. And the watch that came with it is not fit for purpose.
0 Likes
grac
First Poster
Options

Just got an S21, imported everything from my old phone, then found I couldn't get rid of Samsung Free. So I factory reset it, and didn't signed into my Samsung account, and declined everything Samsung - and now I have google now instead