Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A73 Battery drain

(Topic created on: 29-05-2022 09:41 AM)
Neil_za
Pioneer
Options

Between google and samsung they have got the firmware very wrong, my new a73 battery protect feature only goes to 84% then I have to unplug it and reinsert the charger to get to 85% and then it does not last long, One ui4.1 runs in the background all the time draining the battery. I have removed the permissions and restricted the battery which helps slightly. For reference I have an a72 which works very well without any issues.

I have done an online chat with the local samsung office and had the device assessed which showed no errors, however i do not believe that the local people know what they are doing.

Other than those issues the device works well.

Hopefully new firmware will be much better, and i am tempted to install firmware from a nearby region but I do not know if the device is a multi csc but i also believe the other firmware will have the same issues. xfa base and xfe nearby.

all this being said does samsung not have any qc for the firmware, seems unlikely.

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

I appreciate that some owners prefer to limit the charging of their phone to the lower level which I agree could possibly help the batteries long-term longevity over the years to come,  however I've always charged to 100% myself and seen no detrimental affect.

When you've charged your phone up and used it until its gets to around 15% please go into the Battery and Device Care,  Battery and then see what's using your battery please.

If you can screenshot that page with also using the screen capture tool so all your apps show in the screenshot and upload it into your thread here.

Also include the phone's top status bar that shows your network signal etc please.

Some generic troubleshooting guides are >

• Use sleep and deep sleep for apps that are resource hungry.
  • Dark Mode.
  • Look at location settings.
  • Look at sync settings and schedules.
  • Https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-clear-the-cache-on-my-device/ You may need to insert your earphones or hook upto a powered On Laptop to access the Clear Partition Section. This may help with lag or stutters as this clears the phone of old/unused or broken cache files.There is also a Repair Apps option in the Menu System too. 
  • Https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-to-start-my-galaxy-device-in-safe-mode/ turns off downloaded apps and themes etc which may highlight an app or theme that's causing conflict. 
  • As a last resort back up and factory reset.
  • The phone has a diagnostic tool in your Samsung Members App.
  • A Samsung Experience Store or Samsung Service Centre can check out the phone.
  • Send any error reports and feedback to Samsung via your Samsung Members App under the GetHelp section.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Neil_za
Pioneer
Options

4.pngScreenshot_20220530-110511_Device care.jpgScreenshot_20220530-110531_Device care.jpg1.png2.png3.pngI have done all of those things, 42 deep sleeping apps, 3 sleeping apps, a black screen which has been on all my samsung devices, s7, s8,a50(disaster),a71,a72 and now a73. I have factory reset the device 4 times  and had an assessment done which says passed. What helped a bit was to force restart the device and put oneui4.1 into deep sleep.

I dont use my device to send anything, i will try get to members via my pc, but have no faith in samsung doing anything.

this wont allow me to add pics or documents

0 Likes
Neil_za
Pioneer
Options

Last night i put the device into safe mode and left the wifi on and set oneui4.1 to optimised. The result this morning is that there was no battery usage and the device charged to 85%

Clearly a software issue, but now to find the culprit which has been leading to oneui4.1, other battery usage is me playing during loadshedding.

I have uninstalled the apps that I installed and charged the device to 100% and restarted it and will leave the wifi on set oneui4.1 to optimised and will check the drain after 3 or 4 hours.

I posted pics in the public domain as all the options open a window to post except the photo option, so this is not good.

0 Likes
Neil_za
Pioneer
Options

I have done all of those things, 42 deep sleeping apps, 3 sleeping apps, a black screen which has been on all my samsung devices, s7, s8,a50(disaster),a71,a72 and now a73. I have factory reset the device 4 times and had an assessment done which says passed. What helped a bit was to force restart the device and put oneui4.1 into deep sleep.

I dont use my device to send anything, i will try get to members via my pc, but have no faith in samsung doing anything.

this wont allow me to add pics or documents

31/5/22

0 Likes
Neil_za
Pioneer
Options

Last night i put the device into safe mode and left the wifi on and set oneui4.1 to optimised. The result this morning is that there was no battery usage and the device charged to 85%

Clearly a software issue, but now to find the culprit which has been leading to oneui4.1, other battery usage is me playing during loadshedding.

I have uninstalled the apps that I installed and charged the device to 100% and restarted it and will leave the wifi on set oneui4.1 to optimised and will check the drain after 3 or 4 hours.

I posted pics in the public domain as all the options open a window to post except the photo option, so this is not good.

0 Likes
rvphilip
Student
Options

I have the same issue with my A73 5G. The battery keeps draining soo fast it does not even last 10hrs with full charge. I even had to uninstall some of my favorite apps just to keep the phone alive and it still did not help. I contacted customer support they told me to go to battery and device care and click on optimze now. I did it several times and still no hope. This is by far the worst Samsung device.

Please give me a valid response on how to fix this? will a software update fix the issue? 

0 Likes