Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A71 microphone problem

(Topic created on: 01-04-2021 08:02 PM)
Members_0G5ijHO
First Poster
Options

Hi. So basically, my A71 phone's microphone randomly stops working (any voice recording thing on the phone doesn't work and Calls too - I can't be heard and I can't hear them) and the only thing I can do it's a restart and it gets back to working. But after a while, or a random time, it stops again. It has been like this for like a month or two and it's getting SO annoying. Sometimes the phone freezes and it's like a "hey, your microphone crashed right now" *joke*(after it's starting to freeze the mic doesn't work. at all.). Please, please, please, I've done a:factory reset, changed sim slots (1 to 2 back and forth), restarted the WI-FI router, someone know what is this about?!

24 REPLIES 24
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

I would suggest to try the diagnostic tools in your Samsung Members App and by launching your phone's dialer app and keying in *#0*# to test the mics.

If necessary a Samsung Experience Store or Samsung Service Centre can take a look when they re open.

I assume the phone hasn't had an accidental bump or has had water get into it and the ports are debris free.

I wish you all the best with this. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Codrut
Explorer
Options

I have this exact Issue! I tried everything and samsung just won't do anything except tell me to "factory reset my device". But I see even that would be pointless.

As a matter of fact, I am experiencing this Issue right now!

This annoying problem started since I got Android 13 with OneUI 4.

Samsung, please do something about this issue, It's the most annoying thing ever and shouldn't be a issue in the first place.

Members_CIhh2m8
First Poster
Options

Yes we are also having this issue directly after  the Android 13 update OneUI 5.1 Did you ever get it resolved other than having to reboot the OS when it stopped working.

sabzk
Apprentice
Options
We are having the exact same issue we've tried everything
sabzk
Apprentice
Options
Have you managed to fix your mic if you did how did you do it
jjjjjjjjjjj
First Poster
Options
Same problem