Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A71 Fingerprint sensor

(Topic created on: 28-05-2020 10:25 AM)
Neil_za
Pioneer
Options

Just purchased an Galaxy A71 and the fingerprint only gets to 20% it is worse than the A50.
Samsung blames the tempered glass but the mid range phones have an optical sensor which takes a picture so a tempered glass will not affect the image if it is fully glued. Samsung is just making excuses for a shoddy sensor and pathetic implementation of the firmware.
SHAME ON YOU SAMSUNG

26 REPLIES 26
Solution
Neil_za
Pioneer
Options
Moisturised but that is not the alpha fix, I found that it was the placement of my thumb on the sensor. I was using the front when in fact I should have used the central part of the 1st phalange to get a print, just like when your fingerprints are taken.
Solution
ClaudiaDSC
Apprentice
Options

Hi Sha70,

Thank you for this! However it still doesn't work, although I've tried moisturing/dampening my finger. Tried like 4 different fingers/thumbs too and still won't go over 20%!

0 Likes
Solution
Sha70
Journeyman
Options

The only other thing I can think of to suggest is turning on touch sensitivity, if you haven't done this already? It is under Setting > Display > Touch Sensitivity. Other than that I am out of ideas, sorry.

0 Likes
Solution
Sha70
Journeyman
Options
Thats great!
0 Likes
Solution
ClaudiaDSC
Apprentice
Options

Yeah I had already done this. It works now though!! Bizarre, took so many attemps but I woke up today and it just worked. After a Master reset and many other resets and hardware checks etc, I don't know why now haha

0 Likes
Solution
Sha70
Journeyman
Options

Ha ha! Glad you got it sorted.🙂

0 Likes
Solution
KaifQ
First Poster
Options

Hey Sha70,

Just tried your moisturiser method, and it works like a charm! Thank you so much for your tip!

Solution
Westy87
First Poster
Options

The moisturiser tip worked for me 🙂

Solution
SantiMar
First Poster
Options

@Sha70 wrote:

The only other thing I can think of to suggest is turning on touch sensitivity, if you haven't done this already? It is under Setting > Display > Touch Sensitivity. Other than that I am out of ideas, sorry.

Thanks a lot! I could register the fingerprints without this, but when using it, 80% of times I was not able of unlocking and I had to introduce the PIN. I have just change sensitivity and it works much better, but it is still far from the instant (no matter how quick you were), unlock  of my previous Huawei Mate 10. I am somehow disappointed as I decided to come back to Samsung and this A71 and in my first week, what I'm seeing is that it works slower in general 😞

Solution
Ekulz
First Poster
Options

Same with my phone, (A71) from playing drums ect my thumbs can be a but rough, but moisturize my hands and it all works fine:)