Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A71 Fingerprint sensor

(Topic created on: 07-04-2020 03:55 AM)
Neil_za
Pioneer
Options

Just purchased an Galaxy A71 and the fingerprint only gets to 20% it is worse than the A50.
Samsung blames the tempered glass but the mid range phones have an optical sensor which takes a picture so a tempered glass will not affect the image if it is fully glued. Samsung is just making excuses for a shoddy sensor and pathetic implementation of the firmware.
SHAME ON YOU SAMSUNG

26 REPLIES 26
Solution
GingerSteve
Helping Hand
Options

Wouldn't it be down to microscopic imperfections or patterning within the tempered glass that affects the reader? Being optical the sensor would need as clearer view as possible of your print.
Do you have a screen protector classed as in screen fingerprint compatible?

My hands take a battering daily so it's sometimes hit and miss, if my finger skin is damaged.

0 Likes
Solution
Neil_za
Pioneer
Options

Samsung need to get Huawei to fix their bad implementation of the firmware

Can I put a tempered glass on a phone with in display fingerprint scanner?

Unless you have the galaxy s10 series, yes you can. Because the under display fingerprint scanners of other devices are optical based and light will pass through tempered glass so it should still work. However in case of samsung’s ultrasonic fingerprint scanner, the waves will get blocked by the tempered glass. Though a plastic screen protector will be fine.

Samsung is using this to try sweep their bad firmware away and tell everyone that a tempered glass is the problem, they just want screens to break to earn extra income.

Solution
GingerSteve
Helping Hand
Options
Okay I was only offering my understanding of the situation.
I'll leave you to it
0 Likes
Solution
Sha70
Journeyman
Options

Hi Neil_Za,

I know your query is over a month old, but I just want to let you know that I recently purchased the A71 and had the same issue with the fingerprint, straight out of the box, nothing added to screen. I put some moisturiser on my hands (rubbed in properly) and bingo! it added the fingerprint no problem. Hope this helps  :smiling-face:

Solution
Neil_za
Pioneer
Options

Thanks but that did not work either

0 Likes
Solution
Neil_za
Pioneer
Options

Finally got the finger prints to register and work

Solution
ClaudiaDSC
Apprentice
Options

Hi, how did you get it to work? My A71 just arrived today and I am having the same issue. It only gets to 20% before it goes off and says it cannot be registered. No screen protector, just the temp plastic one that covers on the phone which shouldn't affect it. I tried cleaning my hands/the screen and moisturising and still nothing..

Solution
Sha70
Journeyman
Options

Hi ClaudiaDSC,  

My phone was the same, just out of box, no other added screen etc.

It did take me quite a few tries but I managed to get there in the end. I discovered that it won't register if your fingers are too dry. Even now, occasionally, it doesn't register and I still have to dampen my finger to get it to read it. If I am out of the house, or in a hurry,  I just dampen it with a bit of saliva, (not dripping in it just a tiny bit like when your turning a page if that makes sense ha ha ) which seems to work as well.  I found the more I have used it the better it is working too, so now I rarely need to  do anything and it works fine. I managed to register 2 fingerprints in the end. I'm sorry I can't be more useful. I hope you get it sorted.

Solution
Sha70
Journeyman
Options

@Neil_za wrote:

Finally got the finger prints to register and work

That's great. How did you manage it?

0 Likes