Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A70 screen will not dim/USB connection.

(Topic created on: 18-08-2019 12:14 AM)
AndrewTanner
Journeyman
Options

Hey,

I've noticed a problem with my A70 regarding trying to dim the screen when locking manually or expecting it to lock after screen timeout.

Basically, my phone won't sleep, at least not whilst charging. I spent a good while playing around with settings on my phone, such as timeout and lock screen settings. I also powered off the device but no luck.

After trying to figure out the problem further I discovered that the notification tray is being constantly updated every few seconds swapping between "Android system USB connector connected" and "Android system USB connector disconnected". So presumably this is what is keeping the phone awake as it thinks it is being constantly connected and disconnected from source USB source. I cleaned out the USB port but it was pretty clean to begin with. I'm not getting any notifications regarding any moisture detection.

The A70 charges just fine (though sometimes there is a slight delay to it recognising being plugged in) and it seems that the USB tethering interface is working well as I can use the remote debugging feature in Google Chrome (for web development purposes) just fine. As far as I can tell, there are no actual issues with the USB port - it functions as I would expect.

The A70 was last updated on the 14th August to "Security Patch level: 1 July 2019" and looking over the log of updates I see that "The charger/USB port's moisture detection algorithm has been improved" - so someone somewhere has been looking at this feature and I doubt it coincidence that my device has just developed a fault, given that I've not had it anywhere near moisture or excessive dirt.. and the port still actually works!

I've also tried Safe Mode but the issue persists. Also, if I power the device off, then plug it into the wall, power it on, the notification issue stops... until I unplug it/switch off the wall socket - then it comes back again.

Anyone else having similar problems?

556 REPLIES 556
Hardyb31
Pioneer
Options

Right sir 😁 works 100%

0 Likes
PaulDeemer
Journeyman
Options

I had the same problem with my Galaxy Tab S6 which I only had for 5 days. It only started happening TODAY.  So Samsung wanted me to ship it back to them for repair. When this message happens you can't turn off the screen with the power button and when you turn off the tablet and plug in the charger the usual charging ring does not show up with the percentage.  

So this started when the battery was around 31%. So on a whim while the Tablet was powered on I plugged in the charger and it was charging my tablet. So I was thinking if it's charging then how can the port be bad? Then after the tablet hit 38% charge the USB Disconnected message went away. I have been using the tablet all day without any problems until 10 min ago when the message came back.  However I believe I have anctual theory on what is happening and a possible solution! 

(THEORY) The fact that this is happening on many different devices and not just one particular one makes me think this is a software glitch related to the (Protect Battery Option because the problem only started when I enabled the Protect Battery Option and used it for a day then disabled it later. What this option does is only lets your device be charged to 85% to make the battery last longer. After a reboot it will show your device charge all the way to 100% but behind the screnes it's only charging to 85%. Less wear on your battery hence it lasts longer or so goes the theory.  

(SOLUTION) When that USB Disconnected message came back Again at Exactly 31% it made me think about enabling battery protect the day before. Guess what??? When I re-enabled the Protect Battery Option again and rebooted the problem went away!!! You can enable this feature by doing the following.

Go to Settings --> Device Care --> Battery  --. Click on 3 dots in top right of screen. --> In Settings scroll down and Enable Protect Battery! --> Restart Phone or Tablet for it to take effect.   

If this works for you please report your findings.... Note this option is not available on all devices. Example being my Note 8 does not have it but my Tab S6 does. But then again I never had the problem on my Note 8.  If the Battery Protect feature is actually causing this error like in my case it seems Samsung could fix the problem with an update?

0 Likes
PaulDeemer
Journeyman
Options

I had the same problem with my Galaxy Tab S6 which I only had for 5 days. It only started happening TODAY.  So Samsung wanted me to ship it back to them for repair. When this message happens you can't turn off the screen with the power button and when you turn off the tablet and plug in the charger the usual charging ring does not show up with the percentage.  

So this started when the battery was around 31%. So on a whim while the Tablet was powered on I plugged in the charger and it was charging my tablet. So I was thinking if it's charging then how can the port be bad? Then after the tablet hit 38% charge the USB Disconnected message went away. I have been using the tablet all day without any problems until 10 min ago when the message came back.  However I believe I have an actual theory on what is happening and a possible solution! 

(THEORY) The fact that this is happening on many different devices and not just one particular one makes me think this is a software glitch related to the (Protect Battery Option because the problem only started when I enabled the Protect Battery Option and used it for a day then disabled it later. What this option does is only lets your device be charged to 85% to make the battery last longer. After a reboot it will show your device charge all the way to 100% but behind the screnes it's only charging to 85%. Less wear on your battery hence it lasts longer or so goes the theory.  

(SOLUTION) When that USB Disconnected message came back Again at Exactly 31% it made me think about enabling battery protect the day before. Guess what??? When I re-enabled the Protect Battery Option again and rebooted the problem went away!!! You can enable this feature by doing the following.

Go to Settings --> Device Care --> Battery  --. Click on 3 dots in top right of screen. --> In Settings scroll down and Enable Protect Battery! --> Restart Phone or Tablet for it to take effect.   

If this works for you please report your findings.... Note this options is not available on all devices. Example being my Note 8 does not have it but my Tab S6 does. But then again I never had the problem on my Note 8.  If the Battery Protect feature is actually causing this error like in my case it seems Samsung could fix the problem with an update?

0 Likes
Arnaud6
First Poster
Options

So basicly it's the android Systen that is causing the issue.

Search for android system in your phone under Advanced, there should be an option called : appear on top. Go turn that off.

Tadaaa now your phone can lock again

0 Likes
Arnaud6
First Poster
Options

Search for Android System 

Under advanced there is an option called "appear on top" 

Just turn that off your phone should be back to normal

Worked for me at least 

0 Likes
malake
First Poster
Options

i tried every solution in these 35 pages it fixes it for 1 day some times more but it comes back again please helpp 

0 Likes
PaulDeemer
Journeyman
Options

@malake wrote:

i tried every solution in these 35 pages it fixes it for 1 day some times more but it comes back again please helpp 

Did anyone try the Battery Protect Option that worked for me? Note you must restart your phone or tablet after you enable it.

0 Likes
Dorabel
First Poster
Options

Please where can I ṣee the battery protect option 

0 Likes
PaulDeemer
Journeyman
Options

Go to Device Care in settings, Click on Battery and at top right of screen click on the 3 little dots and settings will pop up. Click settings and scroll down to Battery Protect and enable it. Not sure if your phone has it or not. My Galaxy Tab S6 where I had the problem has it but my Note 8 does not have it.

0 Likes
Dex_Man
First Poster
Options
Broooooooo, thanks alot!!!!! I've been trying to solve this problem for a couple of hours now and thought that the hardware was buggered. Thanl you!