Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A70 Main Camera Won't Focus

(Topic created on: 02-06-2020 09:52 AM)
BenGardiner
Student
Options

A70 main camera will not focus on anything and every shot is blurry, firmware is up to date and phone restarted multiple times. Camera settings have been reset to default and I have checked to see if focus-lock is on and it isn't.

Worth noting that the wide-angle lens works perfectly but the kain camera is completly unusable.

10 REPLIES 10
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@BenGardiner 

go over to your dial pad and type in *#0*#, this will bring up a number of tests.

Front Camera: Select Front Cam, align your phone and tap to take a photo. Review the quality of the photo and let us know the results. You can then tap the screen to return to the LCD test screen.

Back Camera: Select Mega Cam. Align your phone and tap the ‘capture’ icon to take a photo. Verify that the flash works during this as well. 

Review the photo and let us know the results.

Let us know if your cameras focus correctly in this mode. 

If they do, then it highlights a software issue, if not, then I'd recommend popping into a Service Location to have your phones looked at by a trusty engineer at a Samsung Experience Store or Samsung Service Centre location when they re open after the COVID-19 pandemic ends.

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

BenGardiner
Student
Options

Screenshot_20200528-124708_FactoryCamera.jpg
Screenshot_20200528-124749_FactoryCamera.jpgScreenshot_20200528-124758_FactoryCamera.jpg

Unforuntuatly no luck in this mode, I ill take it into a shop as soon as they safely reopen.
Thank you for you help!

AlexSid
Student
Options

Hi,

I also have problem with camera focus. When I take photo according to your recommendation *#0*# for Mega Cam, I receive blurred photo, bad resolution, for REAR HDR AUTO FLASH ON mode. The good resolution in REAR2 HDR AUTO and REAR3 HDR AUTO, bur sligtly less color saturation is in  REAR3HDR AUTO mode. 

What I should to do?

Thanks,

Alex S

0 Likes
AlexSid
Student
Options
This problem appeared after Android update to version 10.
0 Likes
selthedon
Student
Options

I've been having this problem too, it was alright up until 2 software updates ago and now I cannot use the camera at all as it's so blurry.

Samsung, sort this out please and I'm getting frustrated that I'm missing shots because you're too lazy to do anything about it.

0 Likes
selthedon
Student
Options

So I've just downloaded and installed A705FNXXU5CUA7 update as it states there are camera performance updates.  Still no joy with the focusing issue.

0 Likes
Ryusei02
First Poster
Options

i have the exact same problem... i cant believe it until now the problems have not been solved yet

0 Likes
Ryusei02
First Poster
Options

How's your phone now? did you get anything fixed or did you gave up on it and had a new phone?

0 Likes
AlexSid
Student
Options

The problem was solved by replacing camera module in the phone. The problem was from water vapor, small drops on the lenses. 

0 Likes