Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A70 main camera won't focus correctly

(Topic created on: 01-12-2021 07:33 PM)
stegio80
Apprentice
Options

Hello,

I've had a Samsung A70 for almost 2 years. Recently, the camera has started having some problems. When the light isn't strong or I take pictures towards the ground  and not up where generally there is a source of light (bulb, the sun, etc), the camera can't focus correctly.

Even if I use a finger to point at a specific place on the screen, the camera makes an attempt to correct the focus but can't do it correctly. I am not sure whether this is related, but I installed the upgrade to Android 11 three weeks ago.

I've tried reset the camera app, changing settings etc, but nothing changes. I am wondering if it's a software or a hardware issue.

Can anyone help?

Thank you

6 REPLIES 6
hannah33369
Pioneer
Options
Have you tried cleaning the camera lens?
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@stegio80: If you're in low light conditions, then the camera may struggle to focus on certain parts of the scene, especially if you're focusing on distant objects. For the best results, make sure that the light in the scene is sufficient, and have a play around with advanced features such as Scene Optimiser by tapping the swirling symbol in the bottom right corner of the viewfinder. Tap on the area you want to focus on, and tap the padlock symbol that appears on screen to lock the focus in place. You can also slide the sun symbol to the left or right to brighten or darken the image, to see if this helps to produce a crisper focus. 

0 Likes
MeHereNow
Student
Options
Any news on this? I have increasingly noticed that I'm having the same problem - & yes there was an update.
Lens is spotless; doesn't seem to matter how much light there is, camera seems to have forgotten how to focus & the pictures are terrible. Never used or had to use scene optimiser, & it makes no difference - locking a focus is not much use if the focus is useless in the first place. I'm starting to borrow other devices if I want a picture, it's that bad.
stegio80
Apprentice
Options
Same here. I have changed the camera in the end, but I still struggle when taking pictures. Even if I touch the area I want the camera to focus on, the focus seems not to work.
0 Likes
MeHereNow
Student
Options
I agree, used to be excellent & produced some surprising quality shots. Just did a direct comparison between the A70 & an A50. Same subject, same light level, same operator: wildly different results, one usable, one useless & even more startling compared to previous.
0 Likes
stegio80
Apprentice
Options
I hope that further updates will fix the issue.
0 Likes