Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A54 can't send or receive MMS

(Topic created on: 20-02-2024 06:46 PM)
JadeyBemowski
First Poster
Options

I just bought a new galaxy A54 and have used it for approximately a week now. I have also spent the past two days on the phone with my service provider trying to figure out what the issue is because I went from being able to send and receive MMS to not being able to send or receive them. 

We have done the whole turn it off and back on thing, reset the network multiple times, took the SIM out and put it back. It's nothing silly like having it in airplane mode or something, all apps are up to date as well as the phone itself, and my mobile data is turned on. 

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix because my service provider is saying everything is fine on their end?

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
Piper123
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Hey there

My first thoughts here, do you have a spend limit on your account?

I have a spend limit of £0 so if I tried to send an MMS (which is not inclusive and therefore chargeable) it will fail.

Secondly, do you have MMS provisioned on your account?

Thirdly, do you have MMS turned on in Message Settings?
Piper123
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
That wouldn't stop you from receiving them though.
0 Likes
JadeyBemowski
First Poster
Options

I don't have a spend limit and it is turned on in the settings both for my phone in general and in the messaging app itself. 

I went from being able to receive them to not getting them at all. They just fail to download or send.

0 Likes
Piper123
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Mmmm so the only thing I have left here is:

1. Has your provider removed MMS Provision from your account?

2. Can you provider resend you the MMS Configuration Settings to your device again?
0 Likes
Kristin 1
First Poster
Options

Did you end up figuring this out? I am having the same problem.

0 Likes