Did you mean: 

Original topic:

A52s password problems

(Topic created on: 18-05-2022 01:24 PM)
EmmaxJane
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy A Series
My brother just bought a new A52s with a new sim card. He turned the phone on for the first time today and it is asking him for a password even though he didn't set one up and doesn't know it so he can't get into his phone. He has also tried the power button/volume button factory reset trick but that doesn't work, it just takes him back to the lock screen. Does anyone know how he can get into his phone?
0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
Pugs1957
Samsung Maker ★
Options
Galaxy A Series
Ho, was the box sealed? Where did you purchase it from? You could try a reset but must be connected to a PC to do this.
I'm wondering whether this phone has been used and set up with a Google account which hasn't been removed and which you cannot remove without the account info.
0 Likes
EmmaxJane
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy A Series
He got it with a virgin contract and the box came sealed. He has called samsung and they told him about plugging it into a laptop to reset it but that hasn't worked either.
0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Maker ★
Options
Galaxy A Series
I would suggest going back to Virgin for them to sort this out. A new phone should not have a password and you should not have to mess with it to get it working.
EmmaxJane
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy A Series
Will try that then thanks 🙂
0 Likes
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
Galaxy A Series
Find out the default pin code for his network provider SIM card. You should find that on their website but if not use live chat or call them.
0 Likes
EmmaxJane
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy A Series
He has it sorted now thanks. He ended up having to call Virgin and they reset the pin for him to get into the phone.
0 Likes